My chances of getting into a top program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

W222

2K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am interested in getting into a top program, but I am concerned about my lack of anesthesia research and experience. I am an average to above avg. student, not AOA in 3rd year but maybe 4th, and got a 250 on my step 1.
I have extensive research experience prior to medical school and two papers on which I am listed as an author (all cancer related). I also have some good community involvement while in med school.

Just wondering what my chances are for a program like MGH, BI, Yale, or Brigham?

Also, should I take Step 2 early or late?

Members don't see this ad.

I am interested in getting into a top program, but I am concerned about my lack of anesthesia research and experience. I am an average to above avg. student, not AOA in 3rd year but maybe 4th, and got a 250 on my step 1.
I have extensive research experience prior to medical school and two papers on which I am listed as an author (all cancer related). I also have some good community involvement while in med school.

Just wondering what my chances are for a program like MGH, BI, Yale, or Brigham?

Also, should I take Step 2 early or late?

you most likely have the application/board score to land interviews at the above programs. prolly don't need step 2 early, as your step 1 is excellent.

you don't have to have anesthesia research- just a good answer to "why anesthesia?" and have spent some time in the OR to show you know what you're getting into. I had "other" research (from undergrad, actually) and a solid med school showing and got interviews everywhere...

Members don't see this ad :)
Status
Not open for further replies.