My Chances!! Please help me!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

meemee

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
during one quarter of my freshman year of college, I got two D's . One was in Bio 1(which is a prereq for dental school) and the other was in Chem 1 (which is another prereq for dental school). I took chem over, got a B and took Bio over, and got a C. However, in the rest of my science prereq courses, I have mostly A's and a few B's, which brings my science cumulative gpa to a 3.4 (almost 3.5). My cumulative overall gpa is 3.5-3.6. How are my chances for the 2008 entering class, because I hear it is getting extremely competitive!!!

P.S. my number one choice is loma linda, because I am seventh day adventist.

Members don't see this ad.

meemee said:
during one quarter of my freshman year of college, I got two D's . One was in Bio 1(which is a prereq for dental school) and the other was in Chem 1 (which is another prereq for dental school). I took chem over, got a B and took Bio over, and got a C. However, in the rest of my science prereq courses, I have mostly A's and a few B's, which brings my science cumulative gpa to a 3.4 (almost 3.5). My cumulative overall gpa is 3.5-3.6. How are my chances for the 2008 entering class, because I hear it is getting extremely competitive!!!

P.S. my number one choice is loma linda, because I am seventh day adventist.

Your GPA is fine. As far as Bio and Chem classes are concerned, just get above 20 in Bio and Chem sections of DAT and you'll be good to go.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hopin' said:
Your GPA is fine. As far as Bio and Chem classes are concerned, just get above 20 in Bio and Chem sections of DAT and you'll be good to go.

Yep, I agree! You should be fine.

If I have a chance, you have a chance.

i bet you are fine. I don't know that school's specific requirements. but you seem to be above average otherwise. if you do well on the DAT youll be set. don't worry! worrying will not change anything. just apply and let us know!