My Chances??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clos

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
With 4 pre reqs down my GPA for them is 3.5??
Bio I--B
A&P I--A
A&P II--A
Chem I--B

Still taking science prereqs taking physics I this summer

When you guys figure your overall GPA do you guys take the entire course load or just the sciences, english, math, and psych courses??

graduated with in 2002 with a BA overall GPA I graduated with was 3.05 but I don't know if they take all courses before I received my associates?

I was dismissed academically received my associates then went back.

I know that the GPA PTCAS figures will be lower than what I would come up with. Is there any hope for me?? Have been working as an aide for the past year.

No GRE as of yet hopefully by the end of the summer.

So far how do I stack up???

Members don't see this ad.

Too soon to tell. Calculate your overall GPA, take the GRE, finish your prereq's and get back at us.

Yeap way toooooo soon.

On a side note. Is it just me or are we seeing more of these post compared to the past?

Members don't see this ad :)
On a side note. Is it just me or are we seeing more of these post compared to the past?

I think you're right, there are more of those "what are my chances" posts lately.

I always find it amusing that applicants would ask us complete strangers to weigh in on their chances.

Folks, it's not that hard.... Compute your GPA, your pre-req GPA, and compare them against the stats required by the schools you want to get into. And check out the sticky on top of the page ("GPAs, GREs, etc"). We are not on the Admissions Committee and have absolutely no idea what your chances are.

I was just looking for advice from people that have been through process before and trying to get information I know its not the end all be all. Sometimes the process might be a little different then whats advertised.

I was just looking for advice from people that have been through process before and trying to get information I know its not the end all be all. Sometimes the process might be a little different then whats advertised.

Every class you've taken at every college or university you've gone to will be used for your overall GPA. However, some programs only take into account your last 60 units for the overall GPA, so you might want to look into those programs. Good luck with the rest of your prereqs!

Compute your GPA, your pre-req GPA, and compare them against the stats required by the schools you want to get into. And check out the sticky on top of the page ("GPAs, GREs, etc"). We are not on the Admissions Committee and have absolutely no idea what your chances are.

This is very good advice. Like we mentioned earlier. It is just very hard to give you advice when you only taken 4/12-14 prerequisite and not completed the GRE. Are you on the right track? Yes. How well do you stack up? Cannot say until you have at least 90% of your application done and know where you will applying.

you should check the the first sticky thread

I'd hit up the stats sticky at the top of the forum, and do a few searches within that thread.