1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

My chances

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by biophysicsbadass, Jan 26, 2001.

1. biophysicsbadass

biophysicsbadass Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

I am a graduate student in medical physics at UCLA. I am on the PhD tract and still want it, but I am strongly considering applying to medical school. As an undergrad I was a double major in Physics and Physiology at UCLA. For undergrad my cum GPA is a 3.0, but that was mostly because I held a full time job. My last year and a half as an undergrad I had a 3.8 because I finally got financial aid. My grad GPA is a 3.9 I have published research from undergrad as well as graduate school, and very strong letters of recommendation. I have to retake the MCAT because it was more than three years ago that I took it, I got a 30 "cold" my first time around, I am sure I can do better than that and am not too worried about it. My question is, how badly will I be penalized for my undergrad cum. GPA? How will my graduate GPA be weighted? I think that towards the end of undergrad I proved myself (you don't ace quantum physics if you can't hack medical school), but I also realize the politics involved with the numbers game (school rank order, NIH funding, etc.) and am hoping I won't be a victim of it. Does anyone have anything to offer?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.