My chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Anatomygirrl18

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey!
Junior pre- optom major here looking for some advice! I’m a junior with a 3.38 gpa and a 3.0 science. I have worked at a private optometry practice and now work at Vworks. I’ve also shadowed a pediatric ophthalmologist. What are my chances of getting into school? My top choices are Salus, OSU, or SCO! Also has anyone here teched at Visionworks or LensCrafters. I love my job and I really feel like I’ve learned a lot!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey there! It looks like your GPA and experiences are very similar to mine. I am currently working at a private optometry practice, and I think that job has helped me to realize that I love working with patients and gain more experience in the realm of optometry. I think as long as you maintain/improve your grades in undergrad and get a competitive score on the OAT, then you should be all set. Of course, be able show those schools your dedication and passion to pursue a career in optometry! Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
GPA seems good enough so far. Try to do well on the OAT and in your remaining classes.

Reactions: 1 user