Anatomygirrl18

2+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2017
Status
  1. Pre-Optometry
Hey!
Junior pre- optom major here looking for some advice! I’m a junior with a 3.38 gpa and a 3.0 science. I have worked at a private optometry practice and now work at Vworks. I’ve also shadowed a pediatric ophthalmologist. What are my chances of getting into school? My top choices are Salus, OSU, or SCO! Also has anyone here teched at Visionworks or LensCrafters. I love my job and I really feel like I’ve learned a lot!

Sep 15, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Optometry
Hey there! It looks like your GPA and experiences are very similar to mine. I am currently working at a private optometry practice, and I think that job has helped me to realize that I love working with patients and gain more experience in the realm of optometry. I think as long as you maintain/improve your grades in undergrad and get a competitive score on the OAT, then you should be all set. Of course, be able show those schools your dedication and passion to pursue a career in optometry! Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user

shevchenko277

2+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2016
Status
  1. Optometry Student
GPA seems good enough so far. Try to do well on the OAT and in your remaining classes.

Reactions: 1 user

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads