my chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

predmd

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
brand new poster here. I have pretty decent grades 3.65 ac gpa and a 3.58 sci gpa and basically a 19 to 20 on the dat. do I have a chance at most dental schools? I have been on a few interviews and I think I've done ok. What do you think? thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

predmd said:
Hi all,
brand new poster here. I have pretty decent grades 3.65 ac gpa and a 3.58 sci gpa and basically a 19 to 20 on the dat. do I have a chance at most dental schools? I have been on a few interviews and I think I've done ok. What do you think? thank you.

I have similiar stats and have done 6 interviews and I feel like 3 in enough if you want to get in anywhere. But if you get them all you applied to, go to atleast 5 that are your top choices. Also depends on whether you are at a community college, shadowing, research and if you play any sports for the college team.

Gluck

Do you really not know the answer to that question? Your grades are great, your DAT is above average, and youve already had a few interviews. Its common sense from here on out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is someone in need of little stroking?

ElMudo said:
Is someone in need of little stroking?
nope i am not. I have read so many postings where people have 3.75+ and 24 dat that I am really starting to wonder if I have a chance.

lol, don't be such a dat_student :laugh:

seriously though, you're fine, no worries... :cool:

predmd said:
nope i am not. I have read so many postings where people have 3.75+ and 24 dat that I am really starting to wonder if I have a chance.

You know what...I think everyone is just trying to be nice....

You're screwed. Face it. Only a 3.6 science GPA? What the heck were you doing during class? (if you were even going to class!)
19-20's on the DAT...he he...pathetic. Did you wake up one morning and say to yourself, "I think I'll go take the DAT today"? That's only like the 85-90th percentile...and everyone knows only 5% of applicants get in. My suggestion is to give up and maybe join a book club. There's no shame in it....sorry to be the bearer of bad news....remember, hate the message, not the messanger.

syn_apse said:
lol, don't be such a dat_student :laugh:

seriously though, you're fine, no worries... :cool:

lol. Glad to see someone else is sick of dat_student . . .

Fat_Man said:

You are not the only ones. dat_student moans about not getting an interview at one of 17 schools or something like that. boo hoo. Anyway if you really have had a few interviews you're in the clear. I have very similar stats and everyone I talk to says it's in the bag for me with 4 interviews before dec 1. No worries.

Fat_Man said:

DAT_student is the worst person on SDN, we took a private vote.

Come on now be nice. Although perhaps with out as much humility, he’s going through the same thing as the rest of us

Papa_Smurf said:
Come on now be nice. Although perhaps with out as much humility, he’s going through the same thing as the rest of us

I doubt that!

predmd said:
Hi all,

I really hope you're not a premed person persuing dental school as a backup.

Members don't see this ad :)
beannaithe said:

those people are the worst swine :D

beannaithe said:

I am not a premed. I have always wanted to be a dentist. Hopefully I'll get lucky and get in. Guess I struck a nerve on some people asking that question. I really didn't mean to sound like I needed a pat on the back. I just wanted your honest opinion. Thanks again for all the responses.

predmd said:
I am not a premed. I have always wanted to be a dentist. Hopefully I'll get lucky and get in. Guess I struck a nerve on some people asking that question. I really didn't mean to sound like I needed a pat on the back. I just wanted your honest opinion. Thanks again for all the responses.

Don't you have enough faith in your ability that you don't need random people to weigh in on whether you'll get in or not? What a ridiculous post!! Figure it out for yourself or else wait until December for the answer.

predmd said:
Hi all,

By the way, 3.5 is not a solid gpa.

djktennis said:
By the way, 3.5 is not a solid gpa.

Yea, you'll need a 3.33 to get into UoP. A 3.5 will guarantee a rejection.

predmd said:

Sorry about that. I saw your user name and automatically thought you were a premed. :oops:

You'll be fine applying. Just make sure you apply early.

Hi i got 3.4 GPA Biochemistry major
DAT
18 SCience
18 Biology
18 Ochem
17 Chem
16 QR
17 RC
15 PAT

Not so great stats
Applied to seven schools,
What are my chances,
Am a minority, is that gonna help

samo said:
Hi i got 3.4 GPA Biochemistry major
DAT
18 SCience
18 Biology
18 Ochem
17 Chem
16 QR
17 RC
15 PAT

Not so great stats
Applied to seven schools,
What are my chances,
Am a minority, is that gonna help

have you looked into trying to get in at Howard?

speedy3816 said:
have you looked into trying to get in at Howard?

It was one of the schools i applied to
I already got and went through 2 interviews, and pending a decision

I got a rejection letter from Ohio

Howard didn't even contacted me

I did a lot of undergraduate research and volunteering

beannaithe said:
Sorry about that. I saw your user name and automatically thought you were a premed. :oops:

You'll be fine applying. Just make sure you apply early.

just in case you didn't read properly, his username is pre-DMD, not pre-med.

r0entgen said:
just in case you didn't read properly, his username is pre-DMD, not pre-med.

i didn't. i read premd...maybe i should start going to be earlier. ;)

beannaithe said:
i didn't. i read premd...maybe i should start going to be earlier. ;)
"bed" ... and yes you should