predmd

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2005
28
0
Status
Pre-Dental
Hi all,
brand new poster here. I have pretty decent grades 3.65 ac gpa and a 3.58 sci gpa and basically a 19 to 20 on the dat. do I have a chance at most dental schools? I have been on a few interviews and I think I've done ok. What do you think? thank you.
 

gator1210

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 12, 2005
179
1
Status
predmd said:
Hi all,
brand new poster here. I have pretty decent grades 3.65 ac gpa and a 3.58 sci gpa and basically a 19 to 20 on the dat. do I have a chance at most dental schools? I have been on a few interviews and I think I've done ok. What do you think? thank you.

I have similiar stats and have done 6 interviews and I feel like 3 in enough if you want to get in anywhere. But if you get them all you applied to, go to atleast 5 that are your top choices. Also depends on whether you are at a community college, shadowing, research and if you play any sports for the college team.

Gluck
 

Rezdawg

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 29, 2003
1,617
2
Houston
Visit site
Status
Dentist
Do you really not know the answer to that question? Your grades are great, your DAT is above average, and youve already had a few interviews. Its common sense from here on out.
 
About the Ads

ElMudo

ElMudo
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 21, 2005
57
0
Status
Pre-Dental
Is someone in need of little stroking?
 

predmd

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2005
28
0
Status
Pre-Dental
ElMudo said:
Is someone in need of little stroking?
nope i am not. I have read so many postings where people have 3.75+ and 24 dat that I am really starting to wonder if I have a chance.
 

syn_apse

Registered Loser
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2005
755
5
Status
lol, don't be such a dat_student :laugh:

seriously though, you're fine, no worries... :cool:
 

VegasBabyVegas

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2005
131
0
39
Utah
Status
Pre-Dental
predmd said:
nope i am not. I have read so many postings where people have 3.75+ and 24 dat that I am really starting to wonder if I have a chance.

You know what...I think everyone is just trying to be nice....

You're screwed. Face it. Only a 3.6 science GPA? What the heck were you doing during class? (if you were even going to class!)
19-20's on the DAT...he he...pathetic. Did you wake up one morning and say to yourself, "I think I'll go take the DAT today"? That's only like the 85-90th percentile...and everyone knows only 5% of applicants get in. My suggestion is to give up and maybe join a book club. There's no shame in it....sorry to be the bearer of bad news....remember, hate the message, not the messanger.
 

Fat_Man

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 9, 2005
84
0
Status
Pre-Dental
syn_apse said:
lol, don't be such a dat_student :laugh:

seriously though, you're fine, no worries... :cool:

lol. Glad to see someone else is sick of dat_student . . .
 

hairybagel

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2005
83
0
Status
Pre-Dental
Fat_Man said:
lol. Glad to see someone else is sick of dat_student . . .
You are not the only ones. dat_student moans about not getting an interview at one of 17 schools or something like that. boo hoo. Anyway if you really have had a few interviews you're in the clear. I have very similar stats and everyone I talk to says it's in the bag for me with 4 interviews before dec 1. No worries.
 

TimR

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2005
222
0
Status
Fat_Man said:
lol. Glad to see someone else is sick of dat_student . . .
DAT_student is the worst person on SDN, we took a private vote.
 

Papa_Smurf

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 5, 2005
25
0
Status
Pre-Dental
Come on now be nice. Although perhaps with out as much humility, he’s going through the same thing as the rest of us
 

hockeydentist

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2002
1,703
5
40
The eye of the storm
Visit site
Status
Papa_Smurf said:
Come on now be nice. Although perhaps with out as much humility, he’s going through the same thing as the rest of us

I doubt that!
 

beannaithe

Bionerd
15+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2005
859
127
Phila, PA
Status
Dentist
predmd said:
Hi all,
brand new poster here. I have pretty decent grades 3.65 ac gpa and a 3.58 sci gpa and basically a 19 to 20 on the dat. do I have a chance at most dental schools? I have been on a few interviews and I think I've done ok. What do you think? thank you.
I really hope you're not a premed person persuing dental school as a backup.
 
About the Ads

Audio

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
991
2
Toronto
Status
beannaithe said:
I really hope you're not a premed person persuing dental school as a backup.

those people are the worst swine :D
 

predmd

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2005
28
0
Status
Pre-Dental
beannaithe said:
I really hope you're not a premed person persuing dental school as a backup.
I am not a premed. I have always wanted to be a dentist. Hopefully I'll get lucky and get in. Guess I struck a nerve on some people asking that question. I really didn't mean to sound like I needed a pat on the back. I just wanted your honest opinion. Thanks again for all the responses.
 

djktennis

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 17, 2005
52
0
Status
Pre-Dental
predmd said:
I am not a premed. I have always wanted to be a dentist. Hopefully I'll get lucky and get in. Guess I struck a nerve on some people asking that question. I really didn't mean to sound like I needed a pat on the back. I just wanted your honest opinion. Thanks again for all the responses.
Don't you have enough faith in your ability that you don't need random people to weigh in on whether you'll get in or not? What a ridiculous post!! Figure it out for yourself or else wait until December for the answer.
 

djktennis

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 17, 2005
52
0
Status
Pre-Dental
predmd said:
Hi all,
brand new poster here. I have pretty decent grades 3.65 ac gpa and a 3.58 sci gpa and basically a 19 to 20 on the dat. do I have a chance at most dental schools? I have been on a few interviews and I think I've done ok. What do you think? thank you.
By the way, 3.5 is not a solid gpa.
 

EyeAmCommi

Los Angeles Smog
10+ Year Member
Feb 8, 2005
718
0
35
Los Angeles, CA
Status
djktennis said:
By the way, 3.5 is not a solid gpa.
Yea, you'll need a 3.33 to get into UoP. A 3.5 will guarantee a rejection.
 

beannaithe

Bionerd
15+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2005
859
127
Phila, PA
Status
Dentist
predmd said:
I am not a premed. I have always wanted to be a dentist. Hopefully I'll get lucky and get in. Guess I struck a nerve on some people asking that question. I really didn't mean to sound like I needed a pat on the back. I just wanted your honest opinion. Thanks again for all the responses.

Sorry about that. I saw your user name and automatically thought you were a premed. :oops:

You'll be fine applying. Just make sure you apply early.
 

samo

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2005
8
0
Status
Pre-Dental
Hi i got 3.4 GPA Biochemistry major
DAT
18 SCience
18 Biology
18 Ochem
17 Chem
16 QR
17 RC
15 PAT

Not so great stats
Applied to seven schools,
What are my chances,
Am a minority, is that gonna help
 

speedy3816

reality pwns
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2005
127
0
Florida
Status
Pre-Dental
samo said:
Hi i got 3.4 GPA Biochemistry major
DAT
18 SCience
18 Biology
18 Ochem
17 Chem
16 QR
17 RC
15 PAT

Not so great stats
Applied to seven schools,
What are my chances,
Am a minority, is that gonna help

have you looked into trying to get in at Howard?
 

samo

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2005
8
0
Status
Pre-Dental
speedy3816 said:
have you looked into trying to get in at Howard?
It was one of the schools i applied to
I already got and went through 2 interviews, and pending a decision

I got a rejection letter from Ohio

Howard didn't even contacted me

I did a lot of undergraduate research and volunteering
 

r0entgen

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2005
427
1
Status
beannaithe said:
Sorry about that. I saw your user name and automatically thought you were a premed. :oops:

You'll be fine applying. Just make sure you apply early.
just in case you didn't read properly, his username is pre-DMD, not pre-med.
 

beannaithe

Bionerd
15+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2005
859
127
Phila, PA
Status
Dentist
r0entgen said:
just in case you didn't read properly, his username is pre-DMD, not pre-med.
i didn't. i read premd...maybe i should start going to be earlier. ;)
 
About the Ads