My Chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Secreast84

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wondering what my chances on getting into pharmacy school were, particularly UNC Chapel Hill. I am currently a junior. It seems like everybody on here is in the 90th or higher percentile.

GPA: 3.8
Verbal: 93
Biology: 81
Reading: 64
Quant: 75
Chem: 82

Composite: 84

Writing: 3

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think anyone can really predict your chances of getting into pharmacy school by just looking at your GPA and PCAT. Remember that the AdCom will carefully consider your personal statement, recommendation letter, work experience, volunteer experience, extracurricular activities, etc. However, by just looking at your grades, your chance of getting invitation for an interview might be pretty high IMHO. =)

Members don't see this ad :)
Awhile back, I was talking to the admission's counselor at the university where I want to attend, and I was acquiring about the admissions process. I'd asked him if my gpa would play a big factor in determining my chances, and I was quite surprise when he told me that someone with a gpa of 2.63 was just admitted in the fall of 2005. So, I would say its quite hard to predict your chances. Every school looks for something different.

Lo|a said:
Awhile back, I was talking to the admission's counselor at the university where I want to attend, and I was acquiring about the admissions process. I'd asked him if my gpa would play a big factor in determining my chances, and I was quite surprise when he told me that someone with a gpa of 2.63 was just admitted in the fall of 2005. So, I would say its quite hard to predict your chances. Every school looks for something different.
That is a good point. Every school wants something different. And just test scores and gpa are rarely enough to get you into school, its all about the total package.