My chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

grifgin

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
GPA 3.2 [done all 4 years]
DAT AA19 TS19

Members don't see this ad.

grifgin said:
GPA 3.2 [done all 4 years]
DAT AA19 TS19

Depends on where you are applying. Where do you want to go? Apply to your in-state school...that'd probably be your best bet.

1 in 3. . . ish

Members don't see this ad :)
from canada
applying to mostly non-state universities

grifgin said:
from canada
applying to mostly non-state universities
Applying from Canada as well... should be doable with your stats given that your carving is aite.

It seems that all the canadians that get into US schools have 3.5 or higher GPAS, because all the canadians I met at interviews had pretty high marks. Well I am a canadian too so goodluck.

jlo26 said:
It seems that all the canadians that get into US schools have 3.5 or higher GPAS, because all the canadians I met at interviews had pretty high marks. Well I am a canadian too so goodluck.

i dont think all canadians have 3.5's..probably just the few that you've met. ill bet it ranges from around 3.1 all the way to 4.0. private schools don't discriminate in their admissions policies..so i think a canadian with a 3.3 is the same as an american with a 3.3 (assuming all the other credentials are the same)

Except public schools, such as Ohio State have quotas that 75% of the incoming class is in-state. I'm not sure about private shcools.

i do not think so
if u r international it gets difficult...
even private schools!

u get less chance...
if that is true then there would be hell a lot of asians out there who
mostly have high scores!!!

Ain't I right? :smuggrin:

ddsjymaeng said:
i do not think so
if u r international it gets difficult...
even private schools!

u get less chance...
if that is true then there would be hell a lot of asians out there who
mostly have high scores!!!

Ain't I right? :smuggrin:
HAHAHA, so are you saying the "low" averages of schools such as NYU is due to the lack of asian-ness?? Or are you saying that asians generally have high scores??

I just saw this on AADSAS

Q: Does AADSAS use my foreign transcripts to compute my GPA?

A: No. Only courses posted to U.S. and Canadian transcripts are used in computing GPA's.

I don't see how a person could get fully considered without a GPA calculated. To me, it looks like foreign grads should go to a foreign dental school and then do the 2.25 year conversion into DDS/DMD in the US.