my chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dmddream

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently enrolled in a BS/MS program in biomedical engineering. My GPA is 3.0 in undergrad (thanks to the math department and me screwing up my first year of collage) and 4.0 in grad(i'll finish in my MS in may 09). My DAT scores are Bio 17, chem 18, orgo 21, reading 17, PAT 19, QR 14:mad:. I have at least 10,000+ hours of assisting and also have done research in new jersey dental school.

do i have a chance?

Members don't see this ad.

i think you have a chance, but it would be a small chance.

i think your gpa is good because of the 4.0 in grad. your dat will be the main problem. i been reading that some schools have "cut offs" and the 14 in QR might not make the "cut off." i said you have a chance because QR the least important section in the dat.

also, your bio/chem/rc are all a bit low too. however, i think i saw someone on predents that got a 13 in QR and has similiar scores on the dat that still got in. so not all hope is lost.

i would recommend retaking the dat because a good score will significantly increase your chances of acceptance. try to take it before late june/early july.

I am currently enrolled in a BS/MS program in biomedical engineering. My GPA is 3.0 in undergrad (thanks to the math department and me screwing up my first year of collage) and 4.0 in grad(i'll finish in my MS in may 09). My DAT scores are Bio 17, chem 18, orgo 21, reading 17, PAT 19, QR 14:mad:. I have at least 10,000+ hours of assisting and also have done research in new jersey dental school.

do i have a chance?

Are you an assistant or have you actually spent 5 years volunteering full time year round?

Members don't see this ad :)
Retake the DAT.

Good luck!!

You have a chance, but it'll be a much better chance if you can get those DAT scores in the 20s

Are you an assistant or have you actually spent 5 years volunteering full time year round?
I volunteered the first month then I was hired. Now I work in two place at the same time.

Thanks for all the advise

Good job on the Grad GPA. Just retake DAT, get 20's and your good to go. GL:luck: