RAMPHARMD

UHCOP Pharm.D. Student
10+ Year Member
May 1, 2008
Status
Pharmacy Student
Hello, all. I was wondering if you guys could offer me your honest opinions in regards to my pre-pharmacy credentials (listed below) and what you think my chances of being accepted into a College of Pharmacy in the fall of 2009 are.

- I currently attend a community college where I have a 4.0 GPA
- I intend on transferring to Texas A&M University in the near future to obtain the pre-requisites not offered at said community college
- I am currently employed by CVS/Pharmacy where I work as a Certified Pharmacy Technician 25 to 35 hours a week
- I am an active new member of my community college's honor society, Phi Theta Kappa
- I am a peer mentor at my community college where I tutor chemistry a few hours a week
- I volunteer in the pharmacy of my local hospital approximately 10 hours every other weekend

Any and all suggestions for improving these credentials are welcomed.

Thanks!

Jesheekah

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 8, 2007
San Diego, CA
Status
Pharmacist
You sound like you're right on track! What about taking the PCATs? Did u want to stay in state or out of state? You sound like a good candidate on paper. What about your essay writing skills? The schools want that "X" factor. Anything interesting about you? Hardships? etc.

laimyours

like my hat?
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2006
New York, NY
Status
Pharmacist
If i had a nickel for every "what are my chances" post i'd be able to pay for 4 years of pharmacy school.
You sound like you're doing all the right things. Keep it up.

fenil2005

Accepted Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2005
Status
You have great chance if you get a PCAT score between 70-90

UES Girl

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 21, 2007
!!!!!
Status
Pharmacist
Threads merged because duplicate.

I suggest that we get one "What are my chances" thread like pre-meds, that way these posts wouldn't multiply by an hour and flood the forum.

RxWildcat

Julius Randle BEASTMODE!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2008
Status
Pharmacist
What classes have you taken already? How many credit hours? PCAT? Where are you planning to apply?

OP
R

RAMPHARMD

UHCOP Pharm.D. Student
10+ Year Member
May 1, 2008
Status
Pharmacy Student
After I complete the summer courses I have enrolled in I will have obtained 47 credit hours and will lack organic chem (both semesters), physics, microbiology, and a small handful of ultimately irrelevant electives. I plan to submit applications to SWOSU, UH, TTU, and UT. I will take the PCAT in October and I am petrified (lol).

ANXIOUSnSCARED

Pharm Student
10+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2007
Status
Pharmacy Student
After I complete the summer courses I have enrolled in I will have obtained 47 credit hours and will lack organic chem (both semesters), physics, microbiology, and a small handful of ultimately irrelevant electives. I plan to submit applications to SWOSU, UH, TTU, and UT. I will take the PCAT in October and I am petrified (lol).
Don't be scared about the PCAT, study and you'll do fine. And you look like you're on the right track to getting into pharm school...keep it up!

OP
R

RAMPHARMD

UHCOP Pharm.D. Student
10+ Year Member
May 1, 2008
Status
Pharmacy Student
Don't be scared about the PCAT, study and you'll do fine. And you look like you're on the right track to getting into pharm school...keep it up!
Thanks for the encouragement!

collegegirl247

Accepted Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2007
Status
Pharmacy Student
you are doing great...just study hard for your pcats...I think if you get an 83+ you could really choose just about any school you would like

Reactions: Puzzles4
Apr 12, 2010
East Texas
Status
Pharmacist
Hello all. I originally typed this post over six years ago... I am now a practicing pharmacist and LOVE what I do.

There were good times, bad times, and a whole lot of studying.

But believe in yourself, and have a solid family/friend support network and you'll do just find.

God Bless,

RA Murry

Reactions: sphuan2 and kies89
Jul 16, 2014
Status
Pharmacy Student
Hello all. I originally typed this post over six years ago... I am now a practicing pharmacist and LOVE what I do.

There were good times, bad times, and a whole lot of studying.

But believe in yourself, and have a solid family/friend support network and you'll do just find.

God Bless,

RA Murry
Makes me more confident about what I'd like to do in the future. I just sent in my application so fingers crossed!