1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

my chances

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by smile011, Jun 2, 2008.

1. smile011

Pre-Dental
    Hey guys what are my chances with a DAT 20/20/18 gpa 2.9

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. alltheway

Pre-Dental
    There is always a chance. If you still could take some courses to boost your GPA if not then talk to the schools you want to get and see what your chances of getting in are. Your DAT score is above average and GPA slightly below Avg. So don't give up because some schools might see that you did well on your exam so maybe you goofed off in class but at least you have what it takes to go into dental school. Good luck

4. doc3232

Dental Student
    your gpa is dangerously low, there is a chance you can get in. can you take more classes to boost it? 1 year of 4.0 will do it a lot of good.

5. allstardentist

allstardentist All-Star

Dental Student
    yeah, its getting competitive each year and neither your DAT nor GPA is impressive. I would try to improve either one or both.

6. Sbosu

Sbosu Member

Non-Student
    Yeah I dont think you have much of a shot with that GPA and DAT combination, you need to get one of the two, if not both, better

7. mantraman1010

mantraman1010 Member

Dental Student
    Are you guys crazy??? Those are ROCK HARD scores. I would take another year of classes and bring the GPA.

8. trixie2126

Pre-Dental
    that DAT is very good. I'd just be concerned about your GPA. Take a couple more semesters of classes.

Some of these people just try to bring others down!

9. Sbosu

Sbosu Member

Non-Student
    Ok, sorry about my previous post , I wasnt trying to "bring you down" I honostly dont care what you do, this is an anonymous forum and everyones advise should be taken for what it is. Your DAT scores are good, but your GPA is really bad and it is very hard to bring a GPA up after you have taken a lot of credit hours, thereofre I think it would be better to get your GPA up along with retaking the DAT and getting a better score becuase you will not be able to bring your GPA up to what it needs to be, but a really good DAT will offset the semi-low GPA. It would be easier to raise both a little than to raise just your GPA to something that could never get to (if you have a lot of credit hours)

10. jigabodo

Dentist

Dentist
    I am sorry to say, but that combination probably won't get you very far...