My Chances??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nixon13

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the DAT in march and ended up pretty ****ty. AA-17, TS-18, PAT-19. GPA- 3.6, SciGPA- 3.5. I have good ECs, pretty good LORs, lots of shadowing. I was not prepared my first time taking it, and I am scheduled to retake at the end of June. If i could bring my score upto a 19 or 20, would that be enough? Thanks! :hardy:

Members don't see this ad.

I took the DAT in march and ended up pretty ****ty. AA-17, TS-18, PAT-19. GPA- 3.6, SciGPA- 3.5. I have good ECs, pretty good LORs, lots of shadowing. I was not prepared my first time taking it, and I am scheduled to retake at the end of June. If i could bring my score upto a 19 or 20, would that be enough? Thanks! :hardy:

That should be enough, granted that you applied to enough schools.

Good luck. :)

I agree with Jiga but want to add that make sure you submit your app's as early as possible and that you have a solid personal statement. The DAT is not the best I've ever seen, but certainly not low enough to prevent you from getting an interview/acceptance at several schools. Just apply wisely and have a SOLID app.

Good luck! :cool:

I agree with Jiga but want to add that make sure you submit your app's as early as possible and that you have a solid personal statement. The DAT is not the best I've ever seen, but certainly not low enough to prevent you from getting an interview/acceptance at several schools. Just apply wisely and have a SOLID app.

Good luck! :cool:

Ditto, get the app in early!!! And DO NOT SKIMP ON THE APP, take it very seriously. I have great stats but much like DCRedskinsRule, I don't want to take anything for granted and try to get accepted to as many places as I can.