My chances...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dkhan22

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
GPA
Total 3.03
Combined Science and Math 2.92
Science 3.0

GRE
Verbal 141 Quant. 154 Writin 4.0

Extracurricular Activities hrs

Habitat For Humanity 25
Cheesequake First Aid 1500
Morganville First Aid 100
CentraState Medical Center 15
Islamic Center of Old Bridge 384

PT Observation 300

I have not heard back from any schools yet, I applied to 20 schools...

Members don't see this ad.

if you want honesty. your overall and pre req gpa are both on the low side. but it really depends on the school admissions process. some schools will send out a rejection letter right away and some will just wait till the end to send them out.

Your GRE school is also on the low side. usually its a minimum of 150 for both. I know a lot of schools in my state interview in january and send out interview invitations mid december for regular admission. so if you dont hear by them i would consider retaking a lot of pre reqs.

If you don't get in to the school you want during this cycle, you need to re-take 2-4 pre-reqs so that you can raise your pre-req GPA and cumulative gpa. Also, you should consider a GRE retake. As said above, your Verbal score should be at least 150.

Members don't see this ad :)
yea i think your verbal is too low to garner any acceptances, but i could be wrong. as for the 150 minimum thing, i think it depends how close you are. i'd say shoot for at least 148. i got a 149 and have been accepted to 3 schools thus far.

Raise that pre-req GPA. Don't worry about the overall GPA, just keep it above 3.0. If you retook three or four of those classes and got As, and raised your GRE to 300 total, you'd have a really good chance. Keep volunteering too, and serve others as much as you can until you get an acceptance letter.

Kevin

Well I re-took the GRE and raised my score to Verbal 148 and Qaun-154. I applied for a few classes at my local community college to raise my pre-req score. I plan to re-take 3 classes this semester and 1 over the summer (I will continue taking classes until I hear back from all the schools, If I am admitted I will drop these classes). I am still on the wait list for Bradley #80 and didnt hear back from most of the schools yet.

I am really hoping on being admitted this cycle, so I dont have to waste another.

Well I re-took the GRE and raised my score to Verbal 148 and Qaun-154. I applied for a few classes at my local community college to raise my pre-req score. I plan to re-take 3 classes this semester and 1 over the summer (I will continue taking classes until I hear back from all the schools, If I am admitted I will drop these classes). I am still on the wait list for Bradley #80 and didnt hear back from most of the schools yet.

I am really hoping on being admitted this cycle, so I dont have to waste another.

Dkhan22,

I am on the same exact boat. have not heard back from the 10+ schools i applied to with similar stats. I have accepted the fact that i most likely won't be admitted this round, and will retake anatomy and physiology to boost my GPA. I'm a rehabilitation aide in an acute hospital and most of the PT's I work with all tell me that the stats for their class ranges from below 2.5 to above 4.0 some with lots of experience and low gpa and some with no experiece and really strong academics. I guess it all depends on the admitting class, I want to say we have hope but the chances are very slim especially now that the field has become beyond popular with everyone and their mama's wanting to get into the filed. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Did you update your scores on PTCAS?