My Contacts Aren't Quite as Clear as Glasses

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blindasabat

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently switched from glasses to contacts after about 15 years. My recent eye-glass prescription was fairly updated, as I just got a new exam back in November. After getting a contact fitting and some adjustments over a two week trail period, I finally got both eyes matched up pretty well and seeing straight. I ended up having the following script in both eyes:

8.7, 14.5, -2.00, -0.75, x180 (toric lenses for astigmatism)

However, I have to say that even though things look pretty good, I'm noticing about a 10-20% drop in clarity overall vs. my glasses. My Dr. says I'm almost perfectly matched with my original lens script, but I'm not sure how that can be since I can clearly tell things are not quite as sharp as they used to be.

I don't want to have to keep arguing with him and running in and out of his office, so is there a way I could just start buying contacts on my own and bumping the script up a little at a time to see if my overall fuzziness sharpness up?

Members don't see this ad.

This forum isn't for asking medical advice. If you are unhappy with your prescription and your current Doctor isn't helping you, I'd suggest trying another office! You can't change your prescription on your own and any place that allows you to do that is breaking the law.

I recently switched from glasses to contacts after about 15 years. My recent eye-glass prescription was fairly updated, as I just got a new exam back in November. After getting a contact fitting and some adjustments over a two week trail period, I finally got both eyes matched up pretty well and seeing straight. I ended up having the following script in both eyes:

8.7, 14.5, -2.00, -0.75, x180 (toric lenses for astigmatism)

However, I have to say that even though things look pretty good, I'm noticing about a 10-20% drop in clarity overall vs. my glasses. My Dr. says I'm almost perfectly matched with my original lens script, but I'm not sure how that can be since I can clearly tell things are not quite as sharp as they used to be.

I don't want to have to keep arguing with him and running in and out of his office, so is there a way I could just start buying contacts on my own and bumping the script up a little at a time to see if my overall fuzziness sharpness up?

Closed. SDN is not for medical advice. As noted above, please discuss any health questions or concerns with your personal providers.

Status
Not open for further replies.