My DAT Breakdown + DAT Materials Breakdown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fit2

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Finally finished the DAT this afternoon. It was a long but rewarding summer and I’m extremely happy that I’m done with this test. Studying for it was definitely different than any other tests and so far this was probably the most important test I took. I would like to write this post to:
1) Talk about my study strategies and tips
2) Describe my testing experience
3) Do a thorough breakdown of materials that I used (IMO this is the #1 purpose of this
breakdown)

My Scores (8/24/16):
BIO: 26
GC: 25
OC: 25
PAT: 23
RC: 23
QR: 22
AA:24
TS25

Info about me and how I Studied
I suppose as usual here’s a little bit about myself: I am an international student from Romania and I have been in the US for the last 5 years (finished high school here, currently in college). I just finished my sophomore year and I am double majoring in Biochem (with neuroscience concentration) and Business-Finance. (I have only taken like 3 classes for Business so that doesn’t count yet haha but I hope I’ll have time to fit it in). I am attending a small-medium college that in my opinion is quite a competitive school.
My overall GPA: 3.94
My science GPA: 3.98
I am involved at my school with various clubs: I am the vice-president of the social justice club at our school and I volunteer for Be The Match. I was too busy to do a varsity sport but I really really love intramural soccer. I also work 10 hours at the school library (visa limitations haha but still a decent job) and I will be TA’ing in Ochem. As I start taking finance classes this semester, I plan to get involved with the Business and Investing clubs. Lastly, a friend and I took over the leadership of the Pre-Dental club.
Outside Activities: Last summer I worked at a medical group in the laboratory and I also volunteered and took part in a small management project. I have been on 4 medical trips in Romania this summer where I got to work with dentists.

I started studying for this thing at the end of May and at the time I was excited to have 11-12 weeks of studying. I was kinda busy though with medical projects, 2 other online classes, and seeing some friends I hadn’t seen in 2 years. Also, my grandma died so that was really really the low point of the summer. All in all, I studied for about 8-9 weeks and I’m telling you, IMO that is like the max that you wanna study for this thing. By the end of studying I was really really tired and in the last week I barely did any studying (probably a mistake).
I made my own study guide!
Now studying:
BIO: This is an important section and like many others say, you study most for it. I think whether you want it or not, you will spend a lot of time memorizing many facts from various sources. Exposure is great for this. I used:
1) Feralis notes and Excel + Cliffnotes (first) free (10/10) I started with Cliff Notes to get the large picture) then Feralis. Feralis was amazing…I memorized it after about 2 months (made my own flashcards) and I had to keep it in my brain and refine all that info through practice tests for another month. Ummm…does this prepare for anything on the test? I’d say 90-95%. (Ugh gosh I definitely overstudied for this section but it’s better to be extra prepared) Necessary to do well IMO
2) DAT Destroyer $$ (9/10): This source should almost be used more as a study resource than a testing resource. It is a lot of new info and it might be overkill but it is really really helpful. I did divide it up in banks of 40 but I did go carefully through explanation and made flashcards of stuff that I missed. Necessary to fix concepts
3) DAT Bootcamp $ (10/10) This was truly really helpful to test yourself but also to learn a lot. I started with Bootcamp (instead of doing it at the end like many do; I used the next source before the exam) Bootcamp has great questions and many of the topics covered by Bootcamp show up on the official. Necessary to do well
4) DAT Genius $ (8/10) The bio here is also very good but I thought it was a little too hard for a practice test. Like Destroyer, DAT Genius should be used as a study tool because the explanations are long but amazing. If I could do it again, I would do Genius first and Bootcamp last; if you only buy one, get Bootcamp; Genius is cheaper though) It will push you to study more.
5) DAT qVault $$(10/10) I loved Qvault’s interface, how easy it was to save questions/do unseen questions but their greatest quality if trying to do “application based questions on the exam”) The strength of QVault is their bio section and it is the only necessary one IMO. Their tests were well-balanced and the questions were simply great: tested concepts, challenged you and also gave you great explanations. Necessary to do well
6) Top Score $$ (8/10) The Bio section for Top Score Is decent, not that many people seem to like it. I thought it had a few detailed questions but I did well on them. Many questions are representative of the exam. Great as prep right before test.
7) DAT Achiever $$$ (5/10) Not a big fan of the Bio section here, questions weirdly obscure and kinda way too hard (like everyone knows haha) Overkill but it’ll teach you some details not found in other sources.
8) Youtube stuff free (10/10) My favorite was Craig Savage (look him up), Crash Course (ehh...was okay), and Khan (for like 2 videos for reproduction). Craig Savage reaalllly helped with the plant stuff/biological diversity. I was able to remember some important details that were super important whereas before I just couldn’t keep track of them)
Stuff I didn’t use was although I think it would really help:
-McGraw Hill free bio quizzes: http://highered.mheducation.com/sites/0072421975/sitemap.html?Qui
-Ty Jaobs Bio free notes/book lol: DATgenius Academy | DAT Genius (scroll to natural sciences)
-Chad’s videos free if you’re struggling with some concepts: 2012 Biology - (Incomplete But Free Of Charge) | CourseSaver
-Nobody Got Time for DAT Anki’s deck: Ain't Nobody Got Time For DAT Anki Deck
Exposure is important. Pay attention to recurring questions and make sure you know those concepts well!

GEN CHEM:
I was really really struggling with this when I started studying. I was never a big fan but I really got to learn Gen Chem like I never knew it before. It’s actually not that bad once it clicks and you see how it connects.
1) Chad’s Videos $ (10/10) There is indeed no better source to teach you GChem than this. I watched Chad’s once, did his videos and I thought it was enough. When I decided I would watch the videos a second time, this is when everything clicked. It felt amazing! I would highly suggest watching a second time! (like after a month) I even watched a few videos a third time near the test. His quizzes are also really great: I would them a few days after the video so that you don’t just use your short-term memory. Necessary to do well.
2) DAT Destroyer $$ (10/10) This section IMO is the best resources to help you make sure you understand the concepts 100%. First it seemed like nothing in Chad’s was tested in Destroyer; however, after watching Chad’s a second time and going through Destroyer again, it all made sense. Yes, Destroyer is harder than the actual test but it will really really really prepare you for almost everything they can throw at you. I did in bank of 30 however I would suggest doing it untimed and use a calculator IF you are proficient at doing calculations Necessary to do well.
3) DAT Bootcamp $ (10/10) This resource was a good representation of the actual exam. If anything, it was a little harder it’s just that my exam had some hard random questions. The site also has great tips for lab and major topics: DAT General Chemistry Strategy | DAT Bootcamp Necessary to do well.
4) DAT Genius $ (8/10) Great resource; I like how it covers different things that Bootcamp, so there’s not much overlap between the 2. I just really disliked the many calculations they had me do. Nonetheless, great resource. Great to make sure you got the math down.
5) DAT qVault $$(7/10) Bio was better; found a few mistakes/poorly written questions. I like it because of the website’s interface and because I got some concepts down while doing problems. Great extra practice.
6) Top Score $$ (9/10) I thought their Gen Chem was really really good, albeit a little bit easier than the exam. Great as prep right before test.
7) DAT Achiever $$$ (5/10) I wasn’t the biggest fan on Achiever’s GChem either. Way too many calculations and I can’t say I learned much from doing the problems. Great for getting low scores => more studying
- Ty Jaobs Chem free notes/book lol: DATgenius Academy | DAT Genius (scroll to natural sciences)
-some more McGraw Hill quizzes: Self-Check Quizzes

O CHEM: This was the subject that I was the far most prepared in. I just finished Orgo and loved it. It’s by far the best class I ever took and I would even consider doing grad work in Ochem. However, I still had a bunch to learn about lab and some specific rxn’s.
1) Chad’s Videos $ (10/10) These lessons are amazing to relearn concepts or learn them for the first time. Chad is the man! Like GenChem, I rewatched some videos on important/rusty topics. Necessary to do well.
2) DAT Destroyer $$ (9/10) At first, I really did not like the Ochem section here and I was thinking about rating it really low. However, by the end, I realized Destroyer is amazing in Ochem as well because it helps you get some more difficult concepts down and some of the stuff covered in Destroyer show up on the exam (but like an easier version) I did in groups of 40 and again I would recommend untimed and lots of time in reading/understanding solutions. Great for strengthening concepts.
3) DAT Bootcamp $ (10/10) This was very great for testing what you’ve learned. It was a little harder than the real exam…but for some reasons during the exam, the Ochem section felt like Bootcamp test. Necessary to do well.
4) DAT Genius $ (8/10) I really liked a few problems from here because I had forgotten them and also they weren’t covered anywhere else. Great extra practice.
5) DAT qVault $$(6/10) I did not like their section on Ochem too much. Not sure why I got is also not sure why exactly I didn’t like it. I suppose it had some obscure questions and I was getting sick of that
6) Top Score $$ (9/10) I loved their OChem section for some reason although again, a little easier than the actual exam. It has questions on Biochem which were good I thought.
7) DAT Achiever $$$ (6/10) Ochem was my favorite thing from Achiever. Some questions were too hard though. Great for getting low scores => more studying
- Ty Jaobs Orgo free notes/book lol: DATgenius Academy | DAT Genius (scroll to natural sciences)

PAT: This section was very interesting. I liked studying for it although it was frustrating at first. Do not feel discouraged: when I took the first Crack PAT I scored a 17 I think in like 2 hours lol. So yeah…lots of progress from there. I would be more than happy to explain by strategies but I think it’s best you come up with your own. For the record, I hate the angle section. I always got about half wrong. Real PAT had some pretty challenging angles which sucked.
1) Crack DAT PAT $$ (8/10) This is a good place to start; however their keyholes are a little too easy. Hole punching take longer and cube counting has too many cubes/ illusions.
2) DAT Bootcamp $ (10/10) More difficult than real exam so really great to prepare you. The explanations also teach you many strategies and eventually you develop an eye for small differences)
3) DAT Genius $ (10/10) A little easier than Bootcamp so in a way closer to the actual PAT. I didn’t get to do all of them but they are really great practice.
4) Top Score $$ (3/10) They repeat same questions and they are pretty weak (many are taken from 2007 and 2009 officials)
5) DAT Achiever $$$ (6/10) Unlike many others, I wasn’t the biggest fan of the PAT on this portion. Sure, it was hard but the quality of the pictures is what many times confused me.

RC: Since English isn’t my first language I am always intimidated by Reading sections. In high school, I was able to pull off a 750 on the SAT only because I spent an entire summer reading awesome books (Stephen King books are great). Sadly, I never get to read anymore and I didn’t have too much time. I read The Martian and half of Sherlock Holmes this summer. Above any tip someone can give you, just read in your everyday life and this section will be a breeze.
1) Crack DAT Reading $$ (8/10) I started with these tests and even though they’re harder than the real exam I think it’s a good way to get back into the reading comprehension mode.
2) DAT Bootcamp $ (9/10) I liked the passages most for this section and even though they were a little harder, it was good practice.
3) DAT Genius $ (8/10) I found DAT Genius quite difficult. Good passage length but hard questions. (super out of order)
4) Top Score $$ (6/10) Their RC is okay. It has a lot of easy questions where you just look in the text and find the answer. Different than the actual exam. I didn’t do too well on the tests for some reason but at some extent the questions are easier than the real (because they have no inference and stuff)
5) DAT Achiever $$$ (1/10) This section was truly awful. Passages were really bad and the questions even worse. Almost as bad as the 2009 sample test lol.

QR: I hadn’t taken math since junior year so this was hard at first. I’ve always been good at math but this is different from Precalc/Calc. I did take Stats in college so that might have helped. I maybe should have focused on math but my section was really weird so I’m not sure what I’d change.
1) Chad’s Videos $ (10/10) This is easier than the real exam but this was so helpful to help me remember stuff from high school. If you’re fresh on math you could skip this but Chad does have some really good explanation for rate/probabilities/geometry.
2) Math Destroyer $$ (9/10) Math Destroyer is really great and has some challenging problems. I did not do Test 11 and 12 because I thought they were too hard. My test ended up being different from Destroyer which is too bad. I think this is a must for the QR section.
3) DAT Bootcamp $ (8/10) Personally really liked this section. I didn’t think it was that much harder than the real DAT so it’s definitely worth going through the tests.
4) DAT Genius $ (6/10) I didn’t like their math section too much. They had really odd problems. I didn’t even understand the explanation for some.
5) Top Score $$ (8/10) My test was very similar to Top Score in math so I feel like I should have focused more on their math. I didn’t like their math too much because of weird Quantity A/B type questions but clearly I should have paid more attention to them.
6) DAT Achiever $$$ (7/10) Their math section was actually good. A few harder problems but that’s how it is in math. I would recommend their math.

An important note:
I think almost more important than any study resource are your notebooks from school. I went back on Anatomy powerpoints, tests from Phys and Ochem and many others. This is very very important because you will remember other things as well and you might encounter stuff that’s not found in the DAT resources.
I think it's also important to go over the 2007 and 2009 sample tests from ADA. I got them both free off the internet. I thought 2007 was easier than the exam and the 2009 was harder. 2009 is full of mistakes and was the worst testing experience lol. Nevertheless, I think it's important to go over them; they are official tests. I also did OAT sample official which you can also find online if you look for it. They are both made by ADA and even though that one has mistakes as well haha, it's crucial practice because it's made by the people that made you DAT that you're taking.

I included pictures of the test scores that I got. Remember though, scores on practice tests don't matter...what matter is that you study/understand the material. Everything that matters is on that day so prepare and know that you're going to do well. You can find pictures of scores as well as proof at the bottom.

Testing Experience (Please keep in mind this is subjective. Tests vary)
I had a rough start of the test. I woke up, took a shower, ate breakfast, reviewed for like an hour and then decided to go early. I realized the car had a dead battery and there was no way I could get to the center. My host dad came with a friend from work and they took me to the Prometric. Here I hurt my finger while closing the umbrella and it started bleeding. After I put the stuff in the locker, I had to wait almost 30 minutes because their computer wasn’t connected to the ID scanner and it seriously took them forever to figure it out. Haha eventually I started:

BIO (26): This was interesting. It had some easy questions but some of them were either a little weird or tricky. It is important to focus on breadth over depth! Keep in mind that on the test day you will get some questions that require you to make new connections. Okay they don’t ask you to figure out crazy stuff…they’re simple connections but you will have to be able to do them. I didn’t have many questions on phys/anatomy. More than expected about plants/biological diversity but I was prepared. I had studied a LOT in bio and I’m very happy with my scores considering bio can be really hard.
GEN CHEM (25): This section started off with some really really hard random questions. It had an equal amount of calculation and conceptual questions. Some questions I found pretty difficult…there was one problem where I had absolutely 0 clue what to do. I thought about it logically, did some math and actually came to an answer. No clue if I got it right but it was my best and it did make some sense. Few lab questions and super basic. I was glad they didn’t have anything hard on lab stuff.
OCHEM (25): The only section where I wish I would have done better. Very very easy with exception of 2-3 questions that were hard/I’ve never seen before. I thought I was able to get the right answers even for the hard questions. Oh well still I’m so happy with this score. The Exhibit popup covers the whole screen almost but you can move it out of the way to still see the answers. Also they give you basic constants.
I finished the NS section with 45 minutes to and went over everything two more times. I had marked many questions in bio so I had to go over them. I actually found a mistake the third time that I went through the problems so I really really encourage you not to just click end even if you have extra time. Natural Science was medium difficulty with some hard/obscure questions. I felt like I was doing well though.
PAT (23): This section (as usual) had difficult keyholes (about 4-5 rocks). I thought TFE wasn’t too bad with the exception of a few weird shapes (super weird). I hate angles sooooooo much and I thought this section was indeed pretty hard…same level as Bootcamp (sorry those hard Bootcamp angles are very similar to the actual). I must have missed like half of the angles lol. Hole punching was easy (I think ½ 1/3 or just holes are all the same if you follow symmetry line rule). Cube counting I tend to make mistakes on so I just tried to be careful. Nothing crazy. Pattern folding was a lot easier than Bootcamp/Genius. Some stuff wasn’t shaded to well but I thought this was an easy section. I finished with like 15 minutes to go and went over keyholes ( I had left like 7 blank). I found the crossing out feature very useful for the PAT.

Break: At this point I was started to get pretty tired, I started getting a headache but I took the whole break to walk around, use restroom (oh by the way I barely drank anything before the test, went to the bathroom right before and I was still dying by the end of the PAT section so PLEASE make sure you pay attention to that haha) eat a snack, and review formulas for math (units in particular …I looked at stuff that showed up on exam so it was helpful to review units)

RC (23):
I was very nervous about this but I appreciated that the test slowly weaves you into the RC section. First passage was really easy/straightforward questions. Second passage was the hardest and the third one was okay. My method was to read the first 1-2 questions and then continue reading. Dunno if that's an actual method cause I didn't look at any. The highlighter is sooooo helpful for this! I would recommend using it even if you highlight random facts; it helps you remember what paragraphs talk about and stuff. There were some inference questions but I really didn’t think it was too bad. I’m extremely extremely happy with this score.
QR (22): Alright, this section was awful. I don’t mean to scare anyone but this was just awful. I have no idea how I got a 22. By the time I reached problem 20 I had marked like 10 questions. A good thing was that I went through everything and had like 8 minutes to go over stuff. The test actually most resembled TopScore (had those questions with Quantity A/Quantitiy B and like the dumb statement 1 and 2). I really don’t understand why other sources don’t do problems like those. Anyway, I had lots of conversion. I had some really hard trig questions; honestly, I would love a test that just had trig on it but this trig sucked. I had no idea how they got to those answers. I ended up guessing on so many things. I’m sure other QR sections are more straightforward/easier. However, the curve was extremely generous (hence a 22 after that disaster) Calculator worked great, you have full capability with the keyboard and it even has square root (I didn’t know that)

I finished the survey in a rush but I did tell them that the wait before the test was too long. Scores popped up and I was like laughing alone at the computer screen. Couldn’t believe…never been a good standardized test taker because I tend to make silly mistakes and I just love using my short term memory for small tests instead of my long term memory for a test like the DAT. I am extremely happy with these scores and this proves to me that hard work but more importantly a good study strategy helps you achieve great scores. Something interesting on my test was some questions were very similar to each other, in Ochem I had 2 questions that asled the EXACT same thing, just worded differently (same answer haha). That was funny....I suppose a computer sorts questions based on difficulty and doesn't actually know what the questions are. Otherwise I don't understand how I can get 2 questions that are almost the same.

The Breakdown of the DAT Materials:
Everyone wants to leave something memorable on SDN after him. I want to leave a thorough resource breakdown. I suppose this stuff worked for me but I will try to keep it as objective as possible.
Improvised grading system:
Similarity vs Real: (1 being most different and 10 closest)
Difficulty vs Real: (5 is the exam; 1 is way easier than real, 10 is way harder)
Overall Rating: (1 lowest, 10 highest)

Chad’s Videos ($50 normal; $37.5 for ADA members):
Similarity to Real: 9
Difficulty to Real: 4
Overall: 10
Pros:
· Pure gold when it comes to learning Chemistry. Chad can make ANYONE understand/master basic chemistry
· Cheap for what you get (plus the quizzes)
· If you cancel subscription you get a refund and save money
Cons:
· You need additional material (to strengthen concepts)

2. DAT DESTROYER 2016 ($200 for both Destroyer and Math Destroyer)
Similarity to Real: 5
Difficulty to Real: 9
Pros:
· for Chemistries, amazing for strengthening concepts. It will push you and frustrate you but you will truly understand major concepts
· with 592 Bio questions you get exposed to lots and lots of new facts, many which can show up on the official
· QR has a good variety and their difficulty is spot on
Cons:
· Probably a little expensive for some, however remember that a retake costs more
· I wish QR had more problems (I suppose that’s what Math Destroyer is for but I really like the difficulty of the QR problems)
· Will frustrate you IF you don’t use it right :p (if you use it right this turns into a pro for you ;) )

3. Math Destroyer (bought with DAT Destroyer) (encourage you to go untimed)
Similarity to Real: 5
Difficulty to Real: 7
Overall: 9
Pros:
· Covers so many topics in math so it helps bring everything up
· So many tests (17) That’s a lot of practice. It’ll take you more than a month to go through it if you do one a day.
Cons:
· Did not care for Tests 11-12 way too difficult for the scope of the exam

4. DAT Bootcamp ($137)
Similarity to Real: 10
Difficulty to Real: 6
Pros:
· Cheap for all the tests more importantly the explanation that you get.
· Generators are amazing (this is what actually taught me how to do PAT not the tests) Their keyhole and pattern folding are particularly good.
· Explanations for the sections is good
Cons:
· Different interface from the exam (might bother some people)
· Full length exams have questions from the individual tests in the same order (I wish they would mix it up)
· No good way to save wrong questions (Ari you should totally make this option available)

5. DAT Genius (around $100 I think)
Similarity to Real: 8
Difficulty to Real: 7
Overall: 8
Pros:
· Cheaper than Bootcamp for the same quality (different material though)
· Generators again amazing. I think angle ranking is better than Bootcamp (I didn’t get to use Genius though)
· The explanations are even more inclusive than Bootcamp. They’re amazing.
Cons:
· I found that not all tests had the right amount of easy/hard questions. I did too well in some and lower in others.
· Again, like Bootcamp Joel you should make the “Missed Questions” option possible.

6. DAT QVault ($50/section; $200 for everything)
Similarity to Real: 8
Difficulty to Real: 6
Overall: 8
Pros:
· Great interface/easy to use/ the missed question bank is great.
· Unseen questions offers questions on top of exam.
· Easy to understand/concise explanations.
Cons:
· Yes too expensive IMO; should have a refund way if you cancel like Chad does
· 0 customer support (however it is very easy to buy the subscription)
· Bio better than the chemistries
· Some mistakes in Chemistries

7. Top Score ($60 for 3 tests)
Similarity to Real: 9 (my math was incredibly close to their QR)
Difficulty to Real: 3
Overall: 9 (I didn’t think TopScore was this great but since it resembled my exam, I will rank it high)
Pros:
· Seemingly cheap when you look at the quality of sciences (which are balanced and representative)
· Good practice right before the exam (maybe even a bit of confidence booster)
· Only resource that has two types of questions that showed on my exam
Cons:
· Seemingly expensive when you realize PAT questions are repeated again and again.
· Interface is indeed ghetto (looks like 10 year olds made the app)
· Some mistakes (Note: you can find correction at this link: DAT - Dental Admission Test Computer Sample Tests and Study Guide - Dental School DAT - Dental Admission Test)
· No explanation for PAT or Reading Comprehensions; you just get the answer key haha
· Solution to question available during exam (way to tempting for me)

8. DAT Achiever ($70 for 3 tests) *I considered TopScore 100 times better
Similarity to Real: 3
Difficulty to Real: 9
Overall: 3
Pros:
· The bad scores can motivate you to study more and try to do better
· It actually had some bio stuff that I didn’t see anywhere else (like microfibrils, ceratin types of genetics problems)
· Their PAT will challenge you
Cons:
· The bad scores can also depress you so this is personal experience
· Chemistry calculations are too difficult (to the point where it’s unnecessary for a practice test)
· The PAT may be good but the quality of pictures sucks
· A little too expensive (think it should be $60 tops)

9. Crack the DAT ($315 for everything)

Similarity to Real: 2
Difficulty to Real: 10 for sciences; 3 for PAT
Overall: 0 (I personally hated Crack DAT. Don’t buy Sciences. Some of you will but I promise you will regret it. Save that money and buy smth better)
Pros:
· Crack DAT PAT is a good place to start studying for PAT
· Videos (whether they’re good or bad) for pretty much every question
Cons:
· Way too expensive
· Bad Science section. Hard in a non-helpful way
· Video quality is very bad.

Recommended Basic Package: DAT+Math Destroyer, DAT Bootcamp, Chad's Videos, DAT QVault BIO ($375)
Recommended Medium Package:
DAT+Math Destroyer, DAT Bootcamp, Chad's Videos, DAT QVault BIO, TopScore, DAT Genius ($543)
Recommended Total Package:
DAT+Math Destroyer, DAT Bootcamp, Chad's Videos, DAT QVault BIO, GCHEM and OCHEM, TopScore, DAT Genius, ($643)

I don't think DAT Achiever or Crack the DAT Science, Reading, Math are worth. If I could do it again, I would get Gold Standard's books and tests. You get to keep those beautiful books and you also get a discount on TopScore.

Alright I’ve been writing at this all night long. Is this the longest post ever lol? Anyway I just the breakdown of the materials helps people decide what fits their study habits best. Also by doing cons of the materials I don’t mean to make anyone look bad. I think everything has pros and cons :p
The DAT was fun and hard to study for. I learned a lot of cool things but I also filled my head with all these facts I don’t need to know lol. Anyway time to move from the DAT. Gonna try to empty my memory for school haha.

Thank you everyone for amazing posts. I’ve read so many breakdowns and I had so many people help me with my questions. Shoutout to my professors at school, to Ari (@Ari Rezaei ), Joel (@joelm ), and Nancy and Dr. Romano (@orgoman22 ) for their amazing resources. Couldn’t have broken a 20 without you guys. Not even close.

If you have any questions please ask I’d love to help! (Sorry if I left out something...this was a long post)

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Bootcamp and QVault Scores.png
    Bootcamp and QVault Scores.png
    147.3 KB · Views: 474
  • Chad's Quizzes.png
    Chad's Quizzes.png
    245.9 KB · Views: 349
  • Destroyer Scores.png
    Destroyer Scores.png
    137.1 KB · Views: 354
  • Full Length Practice Tests.png
    Full Length Practice Tests.png
    39.6 KB · Views: 485
Last edited:
Reactions: 22 users
:clap:Congratulations! Excellent scores! You get first place for the most detailed post. Thanks for taking the time to post this.

Thanks for the shout out and good luck in your journey to becoming a dentist.

Nancy and Dr. Romano

Reactions: 1 user
:clap:Congratulations! Excellent scores! You get first place for the most detailed post. Thanks for taking the time to post this.

Thanks for the shout out and good luck in your journey to becoming a dentist.

Nancy and Dr. Romano
Thank you for your help with this test and for taking the time to help!! Appreciate what you're doing.

Members don't see this ad :)
You did an amazing job :D! Knew you had it in you lol. Thanks for the evidence and ridiculously detailed breakdown :). Also your GPAs are so OP. You have to get into dental school bro. If you don't, I don't understand life anymore.

You did an amazing job :D! Knew you had it in you lol. Thanks for the evidence and ridiculously detailed breakdown :). Also your GPAs are so OP. You have to get into dental school bro. If you don't, I don't understand life anymore.
Haha I hope I do :p I haven't really researched schools yet but I'll have time this year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats for your great scores. Can you please talk about your strategies for PAT section?

Congrats for your great scores. Can you please talk about your strategies for PAT section?
Hey! Keyholes strategy is just practice. What helped me was to imagine the object kinda of like in TFE..from top, front and back and to see if the object fits from those directions. Sometimes you get harder holes where you have to like turn and rotate the object in odd ways but normally, front top and end of the object should fit in. Also, for keyholes looking for wrong answers helps. For TFE, you have to imagine the object...haha that's I think the secret. I learned how to do TFE through Bootcamp/Genius generators. It's really helpful to like imagine what dotted lines could look like on the object. Angle ranking has many methods...and This was my weakest spot: I suppose you can do the laptop or mountain strategy, I sometimes imagined obtuse angles to be lawn chairs. Something that worked too was imagining the angle was Pacman's mouth haha. This again takes practice. For keyholes, I used the symmetry method and once I understood how to do that I didn't get a question wrong in that section. Cube counting you can use table but at first I didn't like that. For pattern folding, I would suggest the Bootcamp method..rather than try to fold things in your head 3D pay close attention to one side at a time. The video explains that pretty well. Practice will help you improve and try to like find your own little strategies...that will help! I thought PAT was hard when I first started....my Bootcamp average was like a 20 but I ended up with a 23 on the real exam. You got this!

Hey! Keyholes strategy is just practice. What helped me was to imagine the object kinda of like in TFE..from top, front and back and to see if the object fits from those directions. Sometimes you get harder holes where you have to like turn and rotate the object in odd ways but normally, front top and end of the object should fit in. Also, for keyholes looking for wrong answers helps. For TFE, you have to imagine the object...haha that's I think the secret. I learned how to do TFE through Bootcamp/Genius generators. It's really helpful to like imagine what dotted lines could look like on the object. Angle ranking has many methods...and This was my weakest spot: I suppose you can do the laptop or mountain strategy, I sometimes imagined obtuse angles to be lawn chairs. Something that worked too was imagining the angle was Pacman's mouth haha. This again takes practice. For keyholes, I used the symmetry method and once I understood how to do that I didn't get a question wrong in that section. Cube counting you can use table but at first I didn't like that. For pattern folding, I would suggest the Bootcamp method..rather than try to fold things in your head 3D pay close attention to one side at a time. The video explains that pretty well. Practice will help you improve and try to like find your own little strategies...that will help! I thought PAT was hard when I first started....my Bootcamp average was like a 20 but I ended up with a 23 on the real exam. You got this!
Thank you very much.

about how many hours per day did you study on average do you think?
Probably the first month like 4-5 hours a day. The first few weeks studying was kinda scattered. I had a few interruptions and I was very relaxed cause I had plenty of time. The second month I probably studied 7-8 hours a day and I probably had some even longer days. The reality of the test motivated me to study...also I was taking full practice tests like 4 weeks before already. So doing that and studying a little bit takes a few hours.

Hi, awesome scores and review. Thank you so much.
Would you mind sharing your study schedule
I mean did you study chad+bio every day
or was it one-week chad chem 2 weeks bio, one-week chad ochem? then practice tests?

Hi, awesome scores and review. Thank you so much.
Would you mind sharing your study schedule
I mean did you study chad+bio every day
or was it one-week chad chem 2 weeks bio, one-week chad ochem? then practice tests?
My study schedule was on a piece of paper I could barely understand. So I don't think that would be too much help.

The way I did it overall was like this: the first few 2-3 weeks was a lot of review so I tried to do a little bit of everything every day. Like reviewing gen chem, reading 1-2 chapter from cliff's on bio,do chad every day on math especially in order to remember math (from high school)

In the following few weeks I would focus more on weaknesses. I did practice tests in math every day. I did bio every day in order to begin assimilating all the info. PAT simulators were like my way to start each day. For example I didn't focus too much on ochem end reading. After like s month I started taking half a test or a test a day while keeping up with my studies. I'd focus extra on the questions I got wrong on tests (like a bio topic or ochem topic or something)

I ended up making a schedule for like a month and a half. It's nice to have deadlines and stuff but be prepared to be very dynamic with your schedule. Cause you're going to have to adjust it constantly
I would encourage you to make a tentative study trying to hit a little bit of everything at first then focus more in depth on weaker topics and a few weeks before the test start taking some full/halffull exams

Can't believe I missed this! Amazing breakdown, love how much detail you went into on every resource for every section. I hope more people read this, you covered pretty much everything.

Reactions: 1 users
Can't believe I missed this! Amazing breakdown, love how much detail you went into on every resource for every section. I hope more people read this, you covered pretty much everything.
Thanks! I benefited from reading breakdowns and materials people used so I wanted to put it all in one post (since I used multiple things) and give my input

Reactions: 1 users