My DAT breakdown finally.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yican1990

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
First of all, is that math score going to affect my chance in anyway? I was too nervous to sleep the night before, and didn't take the 30 min break cause I didn't want to relax myself, but my brain totally slow down when I got to math section, so I ran out time with few questions left that I have to guess them.

Did two month study with Destroyer and BC, and 3-4 sets of achiever (which is pretty disappointing). In my opinion, achiever is too hard to improve anything, so don't waste your precious time before you have fully understand of the materials, but if you have extra time to go deep and want to be more prepared for TS section, achiever is a good source, although it kills your self-esteem.

Personally suggestion, for both chemistry, understand the underlying principal is very important, especially they interconnect with each other at certain extent, then you will have enough knowledge and idea to help you apply the equations under any condition, its better than just memorize but don't really know how to use them. The key for CHE is to develop what my college professor said "instinct". BC is a good source on chemistry, it gives a lot detailed and useful information and explanation.

Bio is hard I know, memorize and know how things work from every section in Cliff, but myself won't go in too deep for some details, ex. every intermedia in glycolysis and Kreb cycle. BIO is too broad to be summarized in 40 questions. But still, make your own flash card and revisit them regularly throughout your study time to strength the memory and kind incorporate them in your everyday life. In the end, got hope you encounter the lucky 40 for you.

PAT key hole, TFE, and paper folding, try to familiarize yourself with working backward from answer choice to question, it's much better and easier than imagine the entire 3D in your head first and find the corresponding answer. For hold punching, i used this method here it helps you catch up the time if you a little behind and provides high accuracy once you expert with it. Angle and Cube counting just practice

Math and reading of course practice make it perfect, I swear I'm doing much better on QR practice.
Good luck everyone, never give up because how unsatisfying with score of your practice exam. Give it a try and all you got, you will be surprised how much you have improved and your potential.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• IMG_0718.JPG
    IMG_0718.JPG
    126.3 KB · Views: 203
Reactions: 1 users
Well, you picked the best section to score low on (as far as I understand). 17 is the cutoff for at least a few schools so yes, it will affect your chances at those schools. Good scores otherwise!

16 QR is fine since your scores everywhere else is high. I believe someone with a. 16 qr got into Columbia @nateriver

Last edited: