My DAT July 7th

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

huang86

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hallo everyone

this is my first post here. I am going to share my stats with all of yall and please tell me what yall think

DAT 7/7

PAT 20
QR 26
RC 19
BIO 23
GC 20
OC 20
TS 21
AA 22

I am a re-applicant. Overall GPA is about 3.2 and Science GPA is about 3.1. Any feedbacks welcome!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Amazing scores! anything you wish you should have gone over more or that might have caught u off guard in the Natural science? I take it June 20th ...so nervous! Congrats again!

Those are really good scores!

You say you are reapplying?
Did you take the DAT before? and if so, what were those scores?

With scores like that, I dont see why you didnt get in the first time/

your score in math pa and rc is so same
lol

r u international student? at least korean
u are really young though... 86... wow
u going to be senior or what?
:)

Members don't see this ad :)
MaxL221 said:
Amazing scores! anything you wish you should have gone over more or that might have caught u off guard in the Natural science? I take it June 20th ...so nervous! Congrats again!

Thanks!! You will be fine. Do not worry!!

I concentrated on biology when I was preparing for the dat. I read nearly the enire campbell book and it seemed paid-off. IF i could, i would go back to every DAT achiever and topscore questions couple more times and understand them fully. Biology was just like the achiever. In fact, like some others did, I also saw some exact achiever questions on the dat(for instance, the cheetah population question). Gchem are almost calculations but i think i was being careless bc I do think they were pretty simple and i really dont know why i only got a 20!!. Orgo is pretty much reactions and I wish I could spending more time memorzing them. I also would take a look a carbs/proteins(for protein pay attention to their acid/base properties) and separation techniques. I had about 4 or 5 questions about those. In my opinion, i felt like the real dat is easier than achiever and topscore. I will also look over bones (like radius tibia etc) i think that was one of the few questions i missed on bio section.

Good luck!! hope these helps!! and feel free to ask my anything.

Dan3223 said:
Those are really good scores!

You say you are reapplying?
Did you take the DAT before? and if so, what were those scores?

With scores like that, I dont see why you didnt get in the first time/

my first score was AA 19/ TS 18/ PAT 18. I took it in the summer last year. I had couple interviews but i think i messed up....

Your first scores werent bad either.... but the second round is a little more impressive :)

What do you think you did wrong in your interviews?

you got the bones in the arm question too i see. this question was repeated multiple times.

congrats

issa said:
you got the bones in the arm question too i see. this question was repeated multiple times.

congrats

what is the bone question? Name the bones in the arm?

MaxL221 said:
what is the bone question? Name the bones in the arm?

yeah basically it tests your knowledge of which bone belongs which part of the body