My DAT Prep.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skyisblue

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've done the Kaplan big book from the class, Barron's PAT, DAT Achiever, Topscore, and Kaplan Subject Tests. I'm thinking about doing Destroyer. Should I add anything else to this list?

Members don't see this ad.

So I've done the Kaplan big book from the class, Barron's PAT, DAT Achiever, Topscore, and Kaplan Subject Tests. I'm thinking about doing Destroyer. Should I add anything else to this list?

Thats pretty good wealth of knowledge. Just make sure you know everything and dont leave anything to chance!! Good luck with your DAT and also, if you dont mind me asking, were you satisfied with scores of your achiever and topscore tests?!

Unless you're good at math, a precalc textbook, otherwise your good. focus on kaplan for the bulk of your preparation. It proved most effective for my dat.

you dont need a precalc book....i think you need more of a SAT word problem book....because its very basic math....with some tricks....and they make you derive your own equations......but yet the math is easy

Members don't see this ad :)
you dont need a precalc book....i think you need more of a SAT word problem book....because its very basic math....with some tricks....and they make you derive your own equations......but yet the math is easy

ok if you say so:rolleyes: actually in fact its so easy that you shouldnt practice it at all. Just wing it. good luck

Maybe somebody might need the book if they forgot their trig crap. Different strokes man....

On my DAT prep I have all those books including the GRE math, which is really good for word problems,..etc. But, I am not satisfied with my scores I am still in the teens and can't get out of it ... any suggestions? Taking the DAT in Aug. now. Aiming for 22 score I was taking the DAT in July but now it's in Aug. due to low scores. I have the destoryer if you need more problems to challenge your knowledge it's a good book. I am not ready for the destoryer right now still working on the Kaplan for the concepts. Any study tips of getting out of the rut of the teens?

On my DAT prep I have all those books including the GRE math, which is really good for word problems,..etc. But, I am not satisfied with my scores I am still in the teens and can't get out of it ... any suggestions? Taking the DAT in Aug. now. Aiming for 22 score I was taking the DAT in July but now it's in Aug. due to low scores. I have the destoryer if you need more problems to challenge your knowledge it's a good book. I am not ready for the destoryer right now still working on the Kaplan for the concepts. Any study tips of getting out of the rut of the teens?

I think once you get done with the Kaplan for the second time, make sure you go over Destroyer if you didn't do that the first time around. I'm going to do everything on my list. Taking it whenever I'm ready now, making sure I'll get in next year.

How does the Kaplan class prepare you for the science section? Do you think it's necessary to use extra books along with the $1300 course?

memorize the Kaplan blue book and do the homeworks and you are set:D
unless you want to make Dr. wachema call it ORGO richer, hahahaha