1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice

My DAT Prep.

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by skyisblue, May 11, 2007.

1. skyisblue

Pre-Dental
    So I've done the Kaplan big book from the class, Barron's PAT, DAT Achiever, Topscore, and Kaplan Subject Tests. I'm thinking about doing Destroyer. Should I add anything else to this list?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Lonely Sol

Lonely Sol cowgoesmoo fan!

Pre-Dental
    Thats pretty good wealth of knowledge. Just make sure you know everything and dont leave anything to chance!! Good luck with your DAT and also, if you dont mind me asking, were you satisfied with scores of your achiever and topscore tests?!

4. BodybldgDoc

BodybldgDoc Guest

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Unless you're good at math, a precalc textbook, otherwise your good. focus on kaplan for the bulk of your preparation. It proved most effective for my dat.

5. jdmsamurai

Dental Student
    you dont need a precalc book....i think you need more of a SAT word problem book....because its very basic math....with some tricks....and they make you derive your own equations......but yet the math is easy

6. BodybldgDoc

BodybldgDoc Guest

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    ok if you say so:rolleyes: actually in fact its so easy that you shouldnt practice it at all. Just wing it. good luck

7. poc91nc

poc91nc Banned
    Banned

Dental Student
    Maybe somebody might need the book if they forgot their trig crap. Different strokes man....

8. DDSABeach

DDSABeach Got a Dream Go Get it!

Pre-Dental
    On my DAT prep I have all those books including the GRE math, which is really good for word problems,..etc. But, I am not satisfied with my scores I am still in the teens and can't get out of it ... any suggestions? Taking the DAT in Aug. now. Aiming for 22 score I was taking the DAT in July but now it's in Aug. due to low scores. I have the destoryer if you need more problems to challenge your knowledge it's a good book. I am not ready for the destoryer right now still working on the Kaplan for the concepts. Any study tips of getting out of the rut of the teens?

9. Anemone

Anemone lost in goa

10. skyisblue

Pre-Dental
    I think once you get done with the Kaplan for the second time, make sure you go over Destroyer if you didn't do that the first time around. I'm going to do everything on my list. Taking it whenever I'm ready now, making sure I'll get in next year.

11. kyleene06

Pre-Dental
    How does the Kaplan class prepare you for the science section? Do you think it's necessary to use extra books along with the $1300 course?

12. lor

lor

Pre-Dental
    memorize the Kaplan blue book and do the homeworks and you are set:D
    unless you want to make Dr. wachema call it ORGO richer, hahahaha