My DAT Scores; My DAT Experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

longl019

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all!

I just took my DAT on Jan. 14, and I thought I should share my experience. First, here are my scores

biology-20
gchem-19
ochem-23
perceptual-22
reading-21
quantitative-18
total sci-20
aa-20

I used mostly kaplan 07-08 to study. I studied over about 5 weeks (my winter break). I also used Barrons for the perceptual ability test, it was GREAT for perceptual ability. I thought the real DAT was pretty comparable to the kaplan tests. I thought the toughest part of the test was the QR section as I was really crunched for time at the end. I also found the biology section to be harder than I expected as there were quite a bit of embryology questions. I should also mention, I used by bio book, Campell and Reese, 7th ed. for bio which was very helpful. Anyway, Im glad its over. And good luck to all of you who are preparing, you will do great!

Members don't see this ad.

very nice scores ... thanks for sharing and best of luck to you!

Would you say it was most human embryology or animal embryology in general? Stellar scores though, congrats!

Members don't see this ad :)
regarding embryology, I found it was mostly about human embryology. I guess I would say just know embryology to an extent where you can make inferences based on given information. But yes, human embryology mostly.

hey i just bought the 7th edition for bio

did you read everything or just read what topics were on the website

hey i just bought the 7th edition for bio

did you read everything or just read what topics were on the website

I can tell you that no one reads EVERYTHING in Campbells. That would be inefficient and quite possibly counter-productive (e.g. cramming) to learning what is neccesary for the DAT. Most people read what is listed in the DAT Guideline PDF.

I mostly used it for embryology and genetics, and yeah i just used it to cross reference. Dont read the whole thing cover to cover, that would take too much time