My DAT Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zomorrod

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
:)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
No retake needed...

Check the schools because some schools have minimum requirement on reading. IUSD has a minimum of 17 I believe... Check it out and apply to the appropriate schools:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Ouch! Sorry to say this but...you may have to retake for some schools. Most schools have been telling me that RC is the most important score, and I got a 16 in it as well (4 interviews & no acceptances with 3.8 GPA). Anyway, good job on your other scores, especially PAT! However, I think you may have to plead your case about the RC score if you're invited to any interviews. My mistake was not bringing it up at the schools that interviewed me.

What do you think my chances are with the following scores:

GC 20
OC 23
Bio 20
QR 19
RC 16
PAT 26

TS 20
AA 20

I would really hate to have to take the DAT over again for the stupid RC score.

It'll depend on your GPA & sGPA and how many schools you are aiming to apply to.

Ouch! Sorry to say this but...you may have to retake for some schools. Most schools have been telling me that RC is the most important score, and I got a 16 in it as well (4 interviews & no acceptances with 3.8 GPA). Anyway, good job on your other scores, especially PAT! However, I think you may have to plead your case about the RC score if you're invited to any interviews. My mistake was not bringing it up at the schools that interviewed me.

Hello! Just curious... but how many schools did you apply to and which schools were they? I always hear people saying that an interview invitation is equivalent to saying they like you on paper, including stats.

i think the best thing to do is apply without retaking at first, if you hear absolutly nothing by end of november, i say prepare to retake it if...cause the RC is really important. I did poorly on it, and barely got in ( I got a 17RC). my score met the min of many schools, and i still had trouble. Goodluck

I think you should be fine. Reading comprehension is an important score to many dental schools, but your other scores seem to balance everything out, especially your high PAT score. I would definitely apply to a couple of "safe" schools just in case.

Good Luck!