My DAT today

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hpets

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
okay guys, so i just tooked the DAT and i feeeeel great!!! i scored quite well in all (20s), but my PAT score is a 17 (50th percentile). is this a satisfactory score??? i know a lot of weight is placed on the three: AA/TS/PAT

thanks for your input!

p.s. the DAT is SOOO much easier than DAT achiever and topscore
p.p.s there were questions for DAT achiever that were on the test (i.e. like how many chromatids are in this cell sort of deal). buy it if you don't have this software!

Members don't see this ad.

I think you will be fine with a 17. Don't worry. Kokobean and hpets what were your topscore and achiever scores? Thanks!

jes...congrats to you as well!

you guys killed today!

can I please ask how the gen chem was, types quantity and difficlluty of calculations??

thank you and enjoy! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Top score 1:
bio 18/chem 16/ochem14/pat 19/qr 16/reading 22/aa 17/ts 17
topscore 2:
bio 18/chem 17/ochem 17/pat 19/qr 18/ts 18
top score 3:
bio 18/chem 16/ochem 18/qr 18

as you can see, i didn't do reading comprehension for tests 2 or 3, and none for the achiever also. i love reading, so i didn't think i would have a problem with this. i got a 23 on it. the first passage almost knocked me off my chair and i was silently cursing at myself for not doing more. it was about enzymes and had a whole slew of scientific jargon. but i had extra time at the end and i re-read it and i guess i managed to pull it off!

as for dat achiever:
i scored straight 16s on the sciences on the first test. the second test was similar. as for the third test, i got an 18 on bio, 17 on gen chem, and 19 ochem. i only did two of the PAt achievers, i got a 17 and 18. i assumed i would do better on the real exam since i had no idea what as going on in the mock exams. i was wrong :thumbdown:

some tips:
i believe that if you get the high teens on dat achiever, you'll ace the real dat. i got a 25 ochem on the real thing :D . my advice is to study R and S configurations, elimination / substitution reactions, resonance structures, ortho/para/meta directors, and the kaplan reactions, polarity, etc. i didn't get any reactions that weren't in kaplan.

as for gen chem, i will tell you i am the worst! the princeton AP chem review book helped break everything down for me. as people have said, there are very few calculation problems! a lot of "which molecule the greatest ionic character" stuff.

qr: i didn't see any of those insane probability questions as in dat achiever, whew!

hope that helps any future test takers!

hpets said:
Top score 1:
topscore 2:
top score 3:

as you can see, i didn't do reading comprehension for tests 2 or 3, and none for the achiever also. i love reading, so i didn't think i would have a problem with this. i got a 23 on it. the first passage almost knocked me off my chair and i was silently cursing at myself for not doing more. it was about enzymes and had a whole slew of scientific jargon. but i had extra time at the end and i re-read it and i guess i managed to pull it off!

as for dat achiever:
i scored straight 16s on the sciences on the first test. the second test was similar. as for the third test, i got an 18 on bio, 17 on gen chem, and 19 ochem. i only did two of the PAt achievers, i got a 17 and 18. i assumed i would do better on the real exam since i had no idea what as going on in the mock exams. i was wrong :thumbdown:

some tips:
i believe that if you get the high teens on dat achiever, you'll ace the real dat. i got a 25 ochem on the real thing :D . my advice is to study R and S configurations, elimination / substitution reactions, resonance structures, ortho/para/meta directors, and the kaplan reactions, polarity, etc. i didn't get any reactions that weren't in kaplan.

as for gen chem, i will tell you i am the worst! the princeton AP chem review book helped break everything down for me. as people have said, there are very few calculation problems! a lot of "which molecule the greatest ionic character" stuff.

qr: i didn't see any of those insane probability questions as in dat achiever, whew!

Thanks hpets. Did you take the achiever or topscore tests first?

hi and congrats on your scores....
when you say just know all the reactions in kaplan for Ochem, do you mean know them exactly, or the names of the specific reactions, or just what each reagent does.....how did you do it?
thank you... :scared:

i used top score first.

as for ochem, they didn't inquire about any names of the reactions (wittig, diels alder) or anything like that. i had to know your basic reaction materials, like what you use for electrophilic substitution (i.e. br2 added to a ring). don't sweat it though, practice your reactions and read kaplan and you'll do fine.

hpets said:
Top score 1:
topscore 2:
top score 3:

as for dat achiever:

some tips:

Hey,
First off, great scores. I really believe your highly competitive with those scores. I was just wondering if the AP chem review covers Inorganic I and II, because that is my weakest subject. Thank You