My DAT vs. Practice Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

djeffreyt

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When my scores popped up and I didn't see any more teens...I just felt awesome. Almost like someone had given me a shotgun and pointed out the guy who wrote the DAT questions and said "go ahead...shoot, no one will miss him."

Anyways...here they are:

23 (PAT)
26 (QR)
20 (RC)
22 (Bio)
20 (GC)
21 (OC)
21 (TS)
22 (AA)

Enough to get me an interview at UOP I hope. I also applied to UCSF, USC, ASDOH, Nova, Temple, BU, Tufts, OHSU, UMDNJ, and one other school I forget where because all I can think about right now is that the fertilization membrance prevents polyploidy.

By the way, I got the sea anenome question too. My RC topics were weird. the first one was super easy...about Comets, and then the next two kinda sucked...I already forgot one topic, but the other was about glutamate agaonists.

PAT was way harder than I'd ever seen. the Top, front, ends were ridiculous at times, and Achiever definitely has the real deal when it comes to the hole punch problems... about 50/50 hard and easy.

QR was a walk in the park...I usually scored super low on Top Score practice tests, but the real DAT seemed a lot more like achiever. Oh, so here are my practice scores...they are pretty much in order that I took them, and I skipped certain tests after a while:

Kaplan Blue Book (paper test)
17 (TS) / 21 (Bio) / 15 (GC) / 16 (OC) / 23 (PA) / 17 (RC) / 19 (QR) / 17.6 (AA)

ADA Sample Test
22 (TS) / 21 (Bio) / 21 (GC) / 28 (OC) / 26 (PA) / 21 (RC) / 25 (QR) / 23.2 (AA)

Topscore 1
18 (TS) / 21 (Bio) / 18 (GC) / 16 (OC) / 23 (PA) / 22 (RC) / 17 (QR) / 19 (AA)

Topscore 2
18 (TS) / 19 (Bio) / 17 (GC) / 18 (OC) / 26 (PA) / 23 (RC) / 18 (QR) / 19 (AA)

Achiever 1
20 (TS) / 19 (Bio) / 21 (GC) / 19 (OC) / 21 (PA) / 22 (RC) / 21 (QR) / 21 (AA)

Kaplan Blue Book (CD Test)
20 (TS) / 21 (Bio) / 19 (GC) / 18 (OC) / 23 (PA) / -- (RC) / 24 (QR) / 20 (AA)

Achiever 2
18 (TS) / 18 (Bio) / 16 (GC) / 19 (OC) / -- (PA) / -- (RC) / 21 (QR) / -- (AA)

Achiever 3
17 (TS) / 16 (Bio) / 17 (GC) / 19 (OC) / -- (PA) / -- (RC) / -- (QR) / -- (AA)

Topscore 3
20 (TS) / 20 (Bio) / 19 (GC) / 23 (OC) / 25 (PA) / -- (RC) / -- (QR) / -- (AA)

I've pretty much taken the last four in the last week before the test. I studied for a month and a half, anout 3-4 hours a day and took one day a week off usually. I used Kaplan Review notes and supplemented with my bio and chem text books when i felt necessary. Made lots of flashcards, and kept sorting through to get rid of ones I knew easy and made new ones to keep up the new material.

Well, I'm going to go to work and then I'm gonna jaeger-bomb myself into a coma for the next few days. If you see a drunk stumbling asian dude in dirty silver scrubs making an idiot of himself somewhere in San Diego....well, it doesn't count as a first impression unless I remember it too.

Members don't see this ad.

djeffreyt said:
When my scores popped up and I didn't see any more teens...I just felt awesome. Almost like someone had given me a shotgun and pointed out the guy who wrote the DAT questions and said "go ahead...shoot, no one will miss him."

Anyways...here they are:

23 (PAT)
26 (QR)
20 (RC)
22 (Bio)
20 (GC)
21 (OC)
21 (TS)
22 (AA)

Enough to get me an interview at UOP I hope. I also applied to UCSF, USC, ASDOH, Nova, Temple, BU, Tufts, OHSU, UMDNJ, and one other school I forget where because all I can think about right now is that the fertilization membrance prevents polyploidy.

By the way, I got the sea anenome question too. My RC topics were weird. the first one was super easy...about Comets, and then the next two kinda sucked...I already forgot one topic, but the other was about glutamate agaonists.

PAT was way harder than I'd ever seen. the Top, front, ends were ridiculous at times, and Achiever definitely has the real deal when it comes to the hole punch problems... about 50/50 hard and easy.

QR was a walk in the park...I usually scored super low on Top Score practice tests, but the real DAT seemed a lot more like achiever. Oh, so here are my practice scores...they are pretty much in order that I took them, and I skipped certain tests after a while:

Kaplan Blue Book (paper test)
17 (TS) / 21 (Bio) / 15 (GC) / 16 (OC) / 23 (PA) / 17 (RC) / 19 (QR) / 17.6 (AA)

ADA Sample Test
22 (TS) / 21 (Bio) / 21 (GC) / 28 (OC) / 26 (PA) / 21 (RC) / 25 (QR) / 23.2 (AA)

Topscore 1
18 (TS) / 21 (Bio) / 18 (GC) / 16 (OC) / 23 (PA) / 22 (RC) / 17 (QR) / 19 (AA)

Topscore 2
18 (TS) / 19 (Bio) / 17 (GC) / 18 (OC) / 26 (PA) / 23 (RC) / 18 (QR) / 19 (AA)

Achiever 1
20 (TS) / 19 (Bio) / 21 (GC) / 19 (OC) / 21 (PA) / 22 (RC) / 21 (QR) / 21 (AA)

Kaplan Blue Book (CD Test)
20 (TS) / 21 (Bio) / 19 (GC) / 18 (OC) / 23 (PA) / -- (RC) / 24 (QR) / 20 (AA)

Achiever 2
18 (TS) / 18 (Bio) / 16 (GC) / 19 (OC) / -- (PA) / -- (RC) / 21 (QR) / -- (AA)

Achiever 3
17 (TS) / 16 (Bio) / 17 (GC) / 19 (OC) / -- (PA) / -- (RC) / -- (QR) / -- (AA)

Topscore 3
20 (TS) / 20 (Bio) / 19 (GC) / 23 (OC) / 25 (PA) / -- (RC) / -- (QR) / -- (AA)

I've pretty much taken the last four in the last week before the test. I studied for a month and a half, anout 3-4 hours a day and took one day a week off usually. I used Kaplan Review notes and supplemented with my bio and chem text books when i felt necessary. Made lots of flashcards, and kept sorting through to get rid of ones I knew easy and made new ones to keep up the new material.

Well, I'm going to go to work and then I'm gonna jaeger-bomb myself into a coma for the next few days. If you see a drunk stumbling asian dude in dirty silver scrubs making an idiot of himself somewhere in San Diego....well, it doesn't count as a first impression unless I remember it too.

Congrats on the great scores!

I was wondering... everyone seems to be mentioning the sea anemone question? or is it sea urchin? I'm not sure. Well whatever it is - do you remember the question?

djeffreyt said:

Anyways...here they are:

23 (PAT)
26 (QR)
20 (RC)
22 (Bio)
20 (GC)
21 (OC)
21 (TS)
22 (AA)

WOOHOO!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Congratulations!!! Best of luck with the rest of the cycle Dr....

Members don't see this ad :)
You are the man! congrats. Thanks for posting your practice scores!

Yeah, okay....the sea URCHIn thing. I've already gotten several PMs about this, so I'm just gonna say it as much as I can without being word for word. So long as you understand that sea urchin eggs form a fertilization membrance after the first sperm has fertilized it, and that this membrance protects the egg from polyspermy, which just means it protects the egg from being double fertilized by a second sperm, you will get this question if it comes up. I have realized now that various people seem to troll around in these forums, and I'm not getting myself in trouble by spelling the question out word for word, but know what I said, and you're good.

Way to go! Awesome scores! Once again, thanks for the advice earlier. Hope the best for you!

Good idea about not getting into specifics, and thanks for the info dude!

Best of luck to you with applications and the like! :luck: