My debt rant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Our financial aid lady was pretty clear there is no program. You don't select PSLF at any point for repayment plan or anything.

You apply as was stated on the form AFTER 120 payments have been made.

I see. Thanks. Knowing this will definitely make me much more cautious with my debt.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes. But would confirming qualified payments through the program be considered "enrolling" in the program? They told me on the phone it would. Maybe they didn't understand my question. But I was specifically grilling them on being "grandfathered" into such a payment plan. Who knows. I'm sure a hell of a lot of people would be upset if this program disappeared.

So? :laugh: People are pissed off when they lose out on tax returns, people are pissed when taxes go up, when they lose their Medicare/Medicaid/Social Security benefits. That's not an argument.

So? :laugh: People are pissed off when they lose out on tax returns, people are pissed when taxes go up, when they lose their Medicare/Medicaid/Social Security benefits. That's not an argument.

No, it's not an argument... well spotted sir.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes. But would confirming qualified payments through the program be considered "enrolling" in the program? They told me on the phone it would. Maybe they didn't understand my question. But I was specifically grilling them on being "grandfathered" into such a payment plan. Who knows. I'm sure a hell of a lot of people would be upset if this program disappeared.

I think the point is a hell of a lot of people are going to be upset that the government is handing over $250K checks to the top 5% earners in the nation.

I just saw my billing statement.

Now I have a migraine.

-_-*

Yeah I'm looking at a little over 400K counting 4 yrs of oos tuition and COL and my masters. Luckily, undergrad wasn't expensive (I went to a public UG).

Some of us get in to only 1 school and we have to boost our app by doing a one yr expensive masters (thank god it lasted for only 1 yr)

No way can I ever consider fam practice or peds, etc.
ROADS here I come!!

No way can I ever consider fam practice or peds, etc.
ROADS here I come!!

See, this is really the shame of it all. Finances are definitely going to be an important part of my decision regarding residency choice. If that were not the case, I'd probably choose something more along the lines of primary care peds. But I can't afford that.