My essay...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ez1023dpt

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to know if anyone here is willing to take a last look at my essay. I will certainly appreciate feedback. :)

by the way, I now have my stats finalized:
cum GPA 3.65
pre-req 3.5

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
thats a good gpa! have you taken the GRE's yet?

You can send it to me and I'll edit it within a few days.

Kevin

Members don't see this ad :)
thats a good gpa! have you taken the GRE's yet?

yeah I already did. I recieved a 1100 when converted to the old scale.

I'm quite confused with my GPA because it varies... I went to a university where we use the plus minus system and some schools that I'm applying to ignores the plus minus... then PTCAS has a different scaling too...

Range:
Cum: 3.65-3.74
pre-req: 3.5-3.63

The list of schools that I'm applying to significantly changed from 6 months ago. My main school filtering factor now is COST... I want to attend the CHEAPEST PROGRAM!!!

The list of schools that I'm applying to significantly changed from 6 months ago. My main school filtering factor now is COST... I want to attend the CHEAPEST PROGRAM!!!
i feel the same way!!

you can send me your essay and i'll be happy to proofread it

I would like to read it! I want to compare mines. I got accepted to two schools. I really think my essay is what really got me into the schools.

I'll take a gander. Post it here or PM it to me if you like.

Out of curiosity, how close is everyone sticking to the standard five-paragraph essay form? Seems wasteful to restate the same info when all we have is 4500 characters.

Send it to my email and I will critique it this coming weekend.

Also, what is the word and subject requirement?

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, how close is everyone sticking to the standard five-paragraph essay form? Seems wasteful to restate the same info when all we have is 4500 characters.

My intro consisted of one or two very short and straight to the point sentences that very briefly summarized the points I made through the rest of the essay. It took about two lines. I felt that putting this in was worth the space because it makes the essay flow a lot more. The conclusion was even more brief than the intro.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you okramango. I did something similar. I wrote a very direct intro and conclusion, and put most of the content in the body. However, I am slightly (read: very) paranoid about my writing samples given my less than stellar GRE writing score.

ez1023dpt, don't mean to hijack your thread. I keep hearing about the inexpensive PT programs in Virginia. Have you discovered any other debt-friendly programs?

yes... TEXAS universitites! lol. But no kidding, it is definitely one of the most reasonably priced programs (if you're in-state ofcourse)

I can take a look at it if you would like. My friends come to me to critique their essays, and I don't mind helping them out.

Hello! I would be happy to provide feedback, if you'd still like it.

How "creative" would you all suggest being with the essay portion. I understand that you need to answer the question and be clear, but I also want to stand out a little and make it somewhat personal.

I've PMed a couple of people here who said they were willing to look at my essay... I have yet to hear and would love to hear from ya'll.

How "creative" would you all suggest being with the essay portion. I understand that you need to answer the question and be clear, but I also want to stand out a little and make it somewhat personal.

Don't be too creative. Just share your experience and your motivation. Your story and background are unique. You can stand out at the interview.

Kevin

I Pm'ed a couple of you guys as well :)

Last edited:
BUMP

I have already received some good feedback from one individual ( thanks Kevin ) but I would appreciate it if someone else looked it over

thanks!

If you'd like additional feedback, feel free to PM it to me & I'll take a gander. :) Otherwise, best of luck! :)