My GPA! help me~~!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

intdoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody!
I have a question to ask.
Honestly, I have never thought of going to dental school until my senior year. I am currently a supersenior student who wishes to go to the dental school. Obviously, I didn't really care about my gpa. I have raised my gpa pretty dramatically since then. My current gpa is 3.2 and i will be taking the DAT in the winter. Are there any students at dental school with gpa of below 3.3? And is there anyways for me to increase the possibility of being accepted at the dental school? I am really desperate and please help me~! thank you and have a nice day!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everybody!
I have a question to ask.
Honestly, I have never thought of going to dental school until my senior year. I am currently a supersenior student who wishes to go to the dental school. Obviously, I didn't really care about my gpa. I have raised my gpa pretty dramatically since then. My current gpa is 3.2 and i will be taking the DAT in the winter. Are there any students at dental school with gpa of below 3.3? And is there anyways for me to increase the possibility of being accepted at the dental school? I am really desperate and please help me~! thank you and have a nice day!

Alright, let's get this straight: you had a 2.7 gpa, "decided to pursue medicine" back in August of 2006, and now, 6 months later, you want to be a dentist? What occurred during this short time span which caused you to switch paths? Although this may or may not be the case, it sounds like dentistry is your back up. Hope you prove me wrong... and have a nice day!

I'm actually in the same position as you are, but I'm a normal senior. haha
I'm assuming if you are a "super senior," then you have so many credits that taking one more class or two to raise your gpa won't help too much. So I would say either enroll in a post-bacc program to get yourself a good graduate gpa, or study your butt off for the DAT (which is what i'm doing). I think your gpa is actually pretty typical of a lot of other students, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just ace the DAT. :)

doesn't help that AADSAS considers + grades as 0.3's instead of 0.5's..... i'm so pissed about that hahaha :mad:

does anyone know on average how much that +/- scale will bring your average down. right now I'm at a 3.57 overall and a 3.4 for science. Is that on the borderline? I really have no way of calculating my theoretical GPA.

does anyone know on average how much that +/- scale will bring your average down. right now I'm at a 3.57 overall and a 3.4 for science. Is that on the borderline? I really have no way of calculating my theoretical GPA.

It brought me down 0.02 points.