my interview dilemma!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

saloo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied to ICO in March and I have been pestering them about the status of my application. I just got a reply to one of my emails that I sent out last week, that I have been invited for an interview and that the email was sent out on April 9th. The thing is, I never recieved that email. I called to schedule an interview today and they said that they don't have any interview spots open anymore and they are going to put me on their wait list :mad: I am just soo pissed becuz I called the week of April 9th and they said i have to wait since they are still reviewing my application. I don't know what to do. Any advice?????? :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

you applied REALLY late... I don't know what we can say to make them give you an interview. You can hope for waitlist movement and reapply if things, unfortunately, don't work out. If you don't get off the waitlist, apply EARLY EARLY next cycle. Your risks of being delegated to the wait list are MUCH higher when you apply this late in the cycle.

I applied to ICO in March and I have been pestering them about the status of my application. I just got a reply to one of my emails that I sent out last week, that I have been invited for an interview and that the email was sent out on April 9th. The thing is, I never recieved that email. I called to schedule an interview today and they said that they don't have any interview spots open anymore and they are going to put me on their wait list :mad: I am just soo pissed becuz I called the week of April 9th and they said i have to wait since they are still reviewing my application. I don't know what to do. Any advice?????? :scared:

Don't feel so bad. Even if you did go through with the interview, your chance of acceptance is slim to none considering you applied so late in the cycle with below average stats. I have better stats and applied in December and I was rejected from ICO.

Members don't see this ad :)

Saloo - The exact same thing happened to me! I called to ask the status of my application, and I was told that an email was sent to me on April 9. I check my email neurotically, and I also checked my junk mail - NOTHING! I am not that upset about it though because I had pretty much made up my mind at the time - but now it's final - I am going to be attending NECO. If I were you, I would fight this one, and explain that you are not the only person a victim of the "mysterious April 9 email of an interview invitation". Good luck to you... I'm just curious, did this happen to anyone else?

Hey Saloo

I think you shouldn't get down because the waitlist was inevitable. I interviewed there April 17th and there were just a "couple" seats left. So even if you would've done an amazing job at the interview... My interviewer even told me that at the end of our interview. I was really bummed because she said that if I end up on the alternate list its because I applied so late. My advice (and this is second hand advice) send them letter/emails with updates regularly. If your grades have improved, anything that will make you a more competative applicant that way when they're choosing people from the list you'll be one that they remember. Even an email saying that you're still hopeful bla bla bla...goodluck!!