My Interview Questions at Mizzou

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Electrophile

Working Dog Doc
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You guys won't have interviews for a while, but just thought I'd post my interview questions from Mizzou for last year best as I can remember them. Some of them were more geared towards just me and some were more general questions, but hopefully it will be helpful!

-tell us about your research for your masters work. Do you have an abstract and will you publish?
-how will you be able to transition from 9 hours of graduate school level hours to around 18 hours during vet school?
-if you don't get in, what will you do?
-when did you know precisely that you wanted to be a vet?
-what other kinds of jobs can vets do besides just private practice?
-how do you feel about the animals used in the teaching labs which will be euthanized after the procedure?
-pick an example of where you were a leader and describe the situation
-pick an example of a time where you experienced a setback and how you dealt with it
-who is your role model?
-vet school is a big time commitment and you have many things on your resume. Which of these are you realistically likely to continue?
-there are a few Cs in some of the hard science courses. Was there a reason for those? (there was, that was the year my grandmother died and my grandfather almost died)
-is there anything that wasn't on the application that you'd like to add?
-why should we choose you over someone else?
 
There is an interview feedback section that has all of the schools and people's interview experiences/questions at those schools so you may want to add this there.
 
Hey I think I saw on one of your previous posts that you wanted to do schutzhund, etc. with your malinois (the one in the pic?), and I am very interested in that and hope to eventually get a hold of a good doberman pup to work with......although I know most people use GSD/malinois. Have you heard of Ed Frawley at Leerburg Kennels? His website is the reason I was able to change around my 9 yr old (at the time) dog's behavior and one reason I'm going to specialize in behavior. I know it's a big time commitment and I just wondered if you were doing that work during vet school and how you were dealing with both at the same time if so.

I know this has nothing to do with the thread lol I just wanted to ask!😳

Yes, I've talked with Ed several times over e-mail. Not the most PC guy on the planet and I don't agree with him on everything, but he's certainly a straight shooter! 😀 Dobes aren't impossible to find to be good Schutzhund dogs, but they are difficult. I honestly don't have time for Schutzhund at the moment as the only day of the week I could train is Saturdays and Saturdays are pretty much booked at the vet school one way or the other. 🙁 I'd *really* like to give one of the Ring sports a try, but there isn't a club in my state. Bummer...so we're sticking with just agility for the time being.