sethlives1

10+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2007
Status
I just had to vent.

Today I met my new PDM.

He is currently waiting to receive his certified tech license. Yup, he's not a pharmacist.

Wow. I don't even know how to respond to this. There are so many things wrong with this, I don't even know what bothers me the most.

My first question to him was whether he could do that legally. Apparently in Maine you can.

meister

15+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2004
USA
Status
Attending Physician
Well there's absolutely no law in California requiring some nebulous pharmacy district manager to be a registered pharmacist. It's a corporate created boss of the chains. All they have to do is say it's a management level position and there really aren't any requirements.

What makes you think there are? I mean the goddamn CEO of a company can be a high school graduate, why do you think that your dip**** PDM has to be an RPh? Yeah it's pretty stupid but so are the chains themselves, I'd expect nothing more.

About the Ads

sethlives1

10+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2007
Status
This is Rite Aid.

I've never heard of a PDM not being an RPh. There are a ton of things my PDM can't do because law forbids it, but yet he can oversee me.

And you're right about this being a corporate appointed position. But not being a pharmacist makes it worse, since they have no idea where I'm coming from. They don't understand the legal, ethical, or professional goals I need to meet everyday.

His biggest concerns are going to be things like tech budget (which is always too constrictive), and proper sign placement.

About the Ads