My OAT experience

ThiaminePyroPhosphate

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I found this forum helpful when I studied, so I want to share my experience.
I spent 3.5 weeks studying for this test.

Biology
This section didn't have a lot of anatomy and physiology for me. It was mostly genetics, cell biology, taxonomy, and plant questions. I don't think the big blue kaplan book will prepare you for this, it's lacking in the bio and taxonomy section. I would supplement it with cliff ap book, or use feralis DAT bio notes.

Organic Chemistry
I highly recommend chad for this. Watch chad first, and then do go through destroyer Few rxns, a lot of NMR, acidity, E1/E2/SN1/SN2.

General Chemistry
Split of concepts and calculations. I used princeton MCAT book for content, and destroyer for questions. Acid/base, gas laws,

Reading Comprehension
I did not do any practice passages for this, but looking back I should have. I started off by reading the passages first, and then doing the questions. This method took WAY too long. For the last passage, I looked at the questions first, and then looked for the answer, this method worked better, but I still was not able to finish last few questions.

Physics

Similar to chemistry. Split of concepts and calculations. I used princeton MCAT book for content, and destroyer for questions. There was optics, electricity, torque, momentum.

Quantitative Reasoning
There was a mix of algebra, inequalities, word problems. I recommend going through and doing all the algebra questions first, and then do the word problems. I used math destroyer for practice.

Destroyer is great for calculation questions, but for content I would recommend chad's video or princeton MCAT book. I had the big kaplan book, but I did't use it.

Overall I'm satisfied with my score, except for RC lol :'(

QR: 350
RC: 320
BIO: 400
OG: 400
GC: 380
Phys: 400
TS: 400
AA: 380

Members don't see this ad.

Wow, congratulations. Taking the OAT in 9 days. Can I borrow your brain?

Reactions: 3 users