My Oat experience

pzl

Reaction score
I started studying about 2.5 months before the testing date while balancing a full-time job. During this time, I used many different materials to help me prepare for the OATs.

This was my score:

Quantitative reasoning: 360
Reading comprehension: 370
Biology: 370
General chemistry: 330
Organic chemistry: 340
Physics: 330
Total science: 350
Academic average: 350

While driving to and from work, I would play MCAT podcasts to review some topics.

I started my studying using the Kaplan textbook, but I found that it lacked in the biology and organic chemistry sections. It’s good as it gives you a general idea of what you need to know. But I found that I didn’t feel confident in any of the sections.

I found Chadsprep later on and found it was really useful to get better comprehension in each section except biology.
Chadsprep includes an abundance of content videos and questions for each topic to really solidify your knowledge. I found it most helpful for organic chemistry, as the questions were very similar to what you see on the OATs. It was also good for general chem and physics, as it provided extra problems to do. Chads also offers OATs prep courses ($60 USD/month) which is signifcantly more than the ultimate bundle highschool/college courses (12.99 USD/month). There isn't a huge difference in terms of content, if you have more time and want to save money, go for the highschool/college ultimate bundle.

I started using OAT booster 1 week before the exam because I needed more practice tests. If you study best by doing practice questions, this is the way to go. It was basically the same setup as what you see on the actual OATs. I found that OATbooster was great for helping me get a better understanding in biology and quantitative reasoning. Overall I felt more confident in each section as they cover all the different types of question setups you would see on the test. I felt most prepared with biology and quantitative reasoning after going through OATbooster. This is definitely the way to go to use to prepare for your exam, the price is great too ($249 USD for 3 months).

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator: