My OAT Score... good enough?

Started by abonk2
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

abonk2

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
so I took the OAT and my score is as follows...

QR: 380
RC: 280
OChem: 370
Gen Chem: 330
Physics: 360
Bio: 360

AA: 350
TS: 360

GPA: 3.39

I am interested in Ohio St. and ICO.

Should I retake this test due to low RC? Thoughts?
 
your stats are almost the same as mine. i had a rc of 290 and a ts of 370. our gpa's are about the same too. i got into ICO and IU.

as for retaking it i would say call the schools ur interested in and ask whats the lowest score they will take. i know IU required at least a 290 in the RC section b/c they brought it up during the interview.
 
you have a pretty solid score. I think if you can justifiably explain why you did bad on RC or if you have taken one or a few english courses with good marks, you should be able to get by without having to take it a second time.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks alot for your responses and others to come. I really appreciate it. I'm pretty nervous about the whole application process! :scared:
 
I got into both OSU and ICO, and I had lower OAT scores than you, but my gpa was higher. I don't think you will have a problem at either school, but you may want to call or e-mail the schools to see if you absolutely need a QR score above 300. it never hurts to ask. good luck!
 
i had similar oat scores with the same TS and AA, had a higher gpa though. i also got a 280 in RC. i got an interview at ICO but later turned it down since i got into SCO. u should be fine for ICO i think, dont know anything about Ohio though. as long as you have a good well rounded app with good ECs and stuff, i think you'll be fine
 
so I took the OAT and my score is as follows...

QR: 380
RC: 280
OChem: 370
Gen Chem: 330
Physics: 360
Bio: 360

AA: 350
TS: 360

GPA: 3.39

I am interested in Ohio St. and ICO.

Should I retake this test due to low RC? Thoughts?
what I notice from your name "abo " may be from middle east that english is not your first language so you can explain this to the admission committe about your low score of RC, but I am sure you will be fine, I do not think you need to retake the OAT, I got into OSU with lower score than you
 
what I notice from your name "abo " may be from middle east that english is not your first language so you can explain this to the admission committe about your low score of RC, but I am sure you will be fine, I do not think you need to retake the OAT, I got into OSU with lower score than you

... uh... wow... presumptuous?