My OAT Score... good enough?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abonk2

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so I took the OAT and my score is as follows...

QR: 380
RC: 280
OChem: 370
Gen Chem: 330
Physics: 360
Bio: 360

AA: 350
TS: 360

GPA: 3.39

I am interested in Ohio St. and ICO.

Should I retake this test due to low RC? Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

your stats are almost the same as mine. i had a rc of 290 and a ts of 370. our gpa's are about the same too. i got into ICO and IU.

as for retaking it i would say call the schools ur interested in and ask whats the lowest score they will take. i know IU required at least a 290 in the RC section b/c they brought it up during the interview.

you have a pretty solid score. I think if you can justifiably explain why you did bad on RC or if you have taken one or a few english courses with good marks, you should be able to get by without having to take it a second time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks alot for your responses and others to come. I really appreciate it. I'm pretty nervous about the whole application process! :scared:

I got into both OSU and ICO, and I had lower OAT scores than you, but my gpa was higher. I don't think you will have a problem at either school, but you may want to call or e-mail the schools to see if you absolutely need a QR score above 300. it never hurts to ask. good luck!

i had similar oat scores with the same TS and AA, had a higher gpa though. i also got a 280 in RC. i got an interview at ICO but later turned it down since i got into SCO. u should be fine for ICO i think, dont know anything about Ohio though. as long as you have a good well rounded app with good ECs and stuff, i think you'll be fine

so I took the OAT and my score is as follows...

QR: 380
RC: 280
OChem: 370
Gen Chem: 330
Physics: 360
Bio: 360

AA: 350
TS: 360

GPA: 3.39

I am interested in Ohio St. and ICO.

Should I retake this test due to low RC? Thoughts?
what I notice from your name "abo " may be from middle east that english is not your first language so you can explain this to the admission committe about your low score of RC, but I am sure you will be fine, I do not think you need to retake the OAT, I got into OSU with lower score than you

what I notice from your name "abo " may be from middle east that english is not your first language so you can explain this to the admission committe about your low score of RC, but I am sure you will be fine, I do not think you need to retake the OAT, I got into OSU with lower score than you

... uh... wow... presumptuous?