My OAT Scores

oo0Archangel0oo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, guys. Thought I would post my scores up. I told myself I would do this whether I had a good score or not, because through browsing this forum for a while I notice that people generally like to post their scores if they receive very high marks. After getting my real OAT scores, I contemplated whether I wanted to put my scores out there for everyone to see. I now understand why a lot of people are hesitant to post up mediocre scores. But here it goes. This is what I was receiving on practice exams:

Opted Kaplan I Kaplan II ADA Barron'sDAT Princeton I Barron'sII Princeton II
Bio: 350 330 320 340 400 360 360 390
Chem: 340 310 260 360 320 310 320 320
OChem:330 290 260 390 350 330 360 320
RC: 310 340 350 280 370 340 340 300
Phys: 270 270 240 N/A N/A 310 N/A 270
QR: 260 340 300 300 310(340) 300 300(320) 300

And my real OAT scores:

Bio: 380
Chem: 330
OChem: 370
RC: 330
Phys: 280
QR: 270

TS: 340
AA:330

Wow, can't believe I did so badly in physics and quantitative reasoning! Through looking at my practice exams, you can see that physics was always my weak point as well as math. But during the last couple of weeks, I focused on physics the most. I thought I would do better.

The test center I went to didn't have dry erase markers. They did utilize markers though. I was given two sheets of laminated paper and was told that the markers don't come off unless you wash it with water. I was told to request new sheets as needed, which was a pain. Writing with the markers was easy...I liked how they were fine tip markers. However, when I wrote on the laminated sheets, the marker would kind of disappear. The ink would ball up on the page. There was a lot of noise outside the testing center...I could hear two people speaking in a foreign language and heard one girl crying. I should have used the noise canceling headphones!

The break felt very short and when I came back to my seat, I discovered that I only had a minute left of break. I discovered that at my testing center, you weren't allowed to write on the sheets during break. I tried to write out physics formulas (with the one minute that I had left) and the testing lady quickly came into the room and told me I couldn't write on the sheets until my test resumed.

But anyway, nothing was as I expected it to be. The biology section was very random. I was actually shocked that I did so well on that section. I thought I did poorly on the chemistry and organic sections as well. I changed my answers multiple times. Reading comprehension was actually easier than I thought it would be. The passages were all pretty simple. I thought I would do better on this section than I actually did though. Although there is no highlighting function, I found that I could drag my mouse across the words (kinda like underlining as you read, but it isn't permanent...."temporarily highlighting" I should say. Do you guys know what I mean?). That helped me keep my focus on the topics. But damn, physics and quantitative reasoning killed me. I thought I knew all the equations there was to know and how to apply them...but I guess not. Quantitative reasoning was tough on me too. I had problems with the on screen calculator. The questions were very different from the questions I had to tackle on Kaplan or any of my other practice tests. I flat out ran out of time.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Thank you for the courage to post up your OAT score, mine was worst.

In my practice OAT (Kaplan in book and online) I scored 320. always.

Real OAT:

Bio: 320
Chem: 350
OChem: 350
RC: 290
Phys: 280
QR: 360

TS: 320 AA: 330

No erasable marker, fine tip permanent marker (which was nice) but smudged alot on the ugly laminated paper.

I wrote all my physic formula before the exam started (when it was still in tutorial mode) and I only took a 1 min break to go pee instead of the 15min (I'm a boy and yes i washed my hands) I just wanted to get it over with.

The guy in the booth beside me kept muttering swears, even when i was wearing the noise cancelling headphones lol, I didnt mind it tho.

I honestly thought I did really well on my RC but as you can see, its my 2nd worst, which made me curse a little bit to loud, but fortunately I was the only one there when I was done.

Physics was upsetting too, I thought I had atleast over 300 for that...

In the survey, I mention how terrible it was to use a mouse for the on screen calculator instead of the numeric pad, which I'm so sure I could score higher on my QR if it wasnt for that. (I ran out of time)

Follow OP's lead post your OAT experience even if it wasnt good so other people can relate or laugh =P

Wow! Your QR score was very good, Tonometry! Sounds like we got the same kind of materials. That is really smart of you to write down your formulas during the tutorial. I should have done that. I only used up on sheet of laminated paper on the first two sections, so I should have written down the physics formulas and just turned in the one marked up sheet during break for a new one.

It was sort of distracting with the test center lady walking back and forth behind me and I encountered some swearers too!

If you don't mind me asking, you think you'll apply with your current scores or do you plan on retaking?

Hey oo0Archangel0oo,

I will apply, but with a low GPA, i dont know how slim my chances are but I will retake once those rejection letters starts appearing.

280 is pretty low for physics and that really worries me

Yeah, I got a 280 in physics too. I guess memorizing all those formulas didn't help me much. I've been struggling trying to get my physics scores up for a while. I figured I would ask you because we both have two scores under 300, although yours are closer to 300 than mine are (270 and 280...yikes). I think I want to try to apply with these scores too. Hopefully we will make it! :luck: