My personal statement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mmbrink6

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would anyone be kind enough to proofread my statement and provide me with feedback, please?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
PM me. I'm not an expert- but I'd give you my take (not worth much). More than anything, I like reading and hearing of everyone's reason WHY they are pursuing medicine. I don't believe there should be one singular reason, but whatever the reason is, you better be sure of it.

PM if you would like to hear one more opinion.

I suggest you NOT have a pre-med person read your essay. Get someone who has gone through the process already. I have been reading some essays that are like a script out of the TV series ER. Do not write like that. It needs to reflect you as a person, not just your experiences you have witnessed.

I can read it too. Class of 2018

I suggest you NOT have a pre-med person read your essay. Get someone who has gone through the process already. I have been reading some essays that are like a script out of the TV series ER. Do not write like that. It needs to reflect you as a person, not just your experiences you have witnessed.

I inserted the disclaimer for this exact reason. I don't see any downside of the applicant having as many eyes on a PS as possible before submission. It's the applicants responsibility to gauge respective feedback with the merit it deserves, based upon the standing of the person providing feedback.

My grandpa read my PS. The guy never went to college, and doesn't have an inkling about what is to be expected in a proper PS. I was looking for a layman's perspective, and I got exactly that.