Step I My personal USMLE Problem( yes I think i am queen :p)- Immune Thread

Started by HarveyR
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

HarveyR

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys
I am a bit confused about IL-2.
Is it secreted by both Th1 and Th2 cells? or is it secreted by Tho cells?
 
I would like to know the answer to this question as well please.
FA15 says IL-2 is secreted by all T cells, but kaplan says it is secreted by Th1 cells only. So even I'm confused.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Screen Shot 2015-11-16 at 11.16.30 PM.png
 
Last edited:
Thanks nds86, this is a very helpful figure.

Quite a few times it happens that one source says one thing and another source says a different thing. Although for most stuff FA is the final verdict, but I've started to believe that FA comes with its own shortcomings.

In the above case I'll go with IL-2 being produced by Th1, because logic and explanations above say so. (Although FA says its produced by all T cells).