My Rant on Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FreshOffTheBoat

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:mad:

Pharmacy/Pharmacology has been grabbing my interest A LOT lately. It so interesting. What I cant stand about it is that none of the various paths in pharmacy interest me! Weird? The study of it seems so interesting but the jobs don't (in my opinion).

okay okay...well nuclear pharmacy seems kind of interesting.....maybe compounding....anyone experienced in those fields? tell me about your experience.

okay okay i admit...i have never shadowed different kinds of pharmacist...but i have been doing A LOT of research on pharmacy....maybe i should stop talking crap and go shadow some.....

...still i am venting/ranting so whatever. :thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad.

Become a pharmacologist.

Members don't see this ad :)
What specific questions do you have about nuclear? Asking about our experience...that's kind of broad.

hello. :).

Is their a demand for nuclear pharmacy?

Is it hard to get placed in a nuclear pharm job upon being qualified for it?

Are you pretty much working alone? Or with a partner? A team?

I realize you gain class hours at some schools (i.e. taking some courses..i.e. UNC)...what about the 500 hrs of supervised experience? what kind of places offer that experience?

What are typical hours? (12 hrs days? 8 hour days?)

Works at a hospital? right?

What the pay like?

Tell me how you overall feel about your job. thank you. :).

Try shadowing different types of pharmacists. If you don't like ANYTHING, then maybe pharmacy just isn't for you.

hello. :).

Is their a demand for nuclear pharmacy?

Is it hard to get placed in a nuclear pharm job upon being qualified for it?

Are you pretty much working alone? Or with a partner? A team?

I realize you gain class hours at some schools (i.e. taking some courses..i.e. UNC)...what about the 500 hrs of supervised experience? what kind of places offer that experience?

What are typical hours? (12 hrs days? 8 hour days?)

Works at a hospital? right?

What the pay like?

Tell me how you overall feel about your job. thank you. :).

Ok...this I can work with. :D

I'm typing up something to try to answer everyone's questions regarding nuclear pharm (as I'm PM'd with similar ones quite frequently)...just give me some time to put it together. ;)

I'm typing up something to try to answer everyone's questions regarding nuclear pharm (as I'm PM'd with similar ones quite frequently)...just give me some time to put it together. ;)

thanks very much! greatly appreciated. i am looking forward to reading it! :)

We can insert it into the FAQ if you want so it's there for reference.

Yeah, that would be interesting, I would like to know what nuclear is all bout.