My scenario needs help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ownit

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
im a freshman at a CC. Been reading a lot about how COP's look down on CC students where they complete their prereq's. Im feelin a bit weezy after that. Im not a A student, hope to be, but is their chance for me? Should i focus on completing the prereq's or gettin into a 4yr UNIV? im lost. i always thought places like mcphs are lenient towards transfer students. I guess not. If anybody reads this who has a attended a CC for prereq's and never went to a 4yr univ, pls post ur stats( gpa) that would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

In another thread someone posted about how it's better to have a high GPA at a CC than a mediocre or low GPA at a well-known 4-yr school and I completely agree. In my personal experience some schools, NOT ALL, would rather see the pre-pharm work from a 4-yr school. MCP-Worcester is "lenient" towards transfers b/c that's all they accept. You enter as a P-1, first professional year. The competition at these schools is getting harder and harder so I believe about 75% of MCP-W students have a Bachelor's. MCP-Boston is different. Here is a link to MCP...scroll down to see about CC classes:
http://www.mcphs.edu/admission/ask_a_question/faqs.html

Like I've said in every post about this…you can still get in with CC classes but just be sure to check with each school about specifics. Keep your GPA high in CC and I’m sure you’ll get in somewhere while saving a lot of money, good luck.