MY Situation (plz Help)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ferdowsi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have applied to dental school two times including this year and had no luck in gettin any interview. my GPA is around 3.01 and my dats (took it two times and it's 19,20) but nothing. so i was thinking about doing an SMP at barry university but people on this forum are saying that nobody knows about the program and the program won't get you in . I'm trying to start this spring but from what i see on this forum, I'm so discouraged and confused. I've already applied there and waiting to see what happens.

Also, I got my rejection from Case and I emailed David Dulsky and he wrote to me that even if you do SMP with 4.0 GPA, you will not be able to get an acceptance at Case. well,after reading this email, I almost wanna cry.:cry::cry: someone can help here and tell me what would be great to get me to dental school.

Members don't see this ad.

Wow that was really mean of him to say that....I heard NOVA loves Barry Master's students....at my interview at ASDOH there were two students completing a master's there. I can't believe that guy from Case said that to you. There are plenty of people with lower GPAs who are getting a ton of interviews. Work your extracurricular, dental experience, and try to get 21's on your DAT's and maybe apply to more modest schools? Maybe you are being too picky? I am not sure just suggesting.

at least he was honest and didn't string you along.. Now you don't have to waste all that money applying there next year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks guys. I'm not being picky as I applied twice so far but him saying that was just ... Any other suggestion? do you think i should start smp in spring at barry (considering i get accepted) or should i wait till next year and apply to some other such as Midwesteren AZ or boston? any suggestion would be appreciated.

Hey man, I was in pretty much the same boat as you. 3.05 gpa and first two dats were 19, 19 average. However, I sat down studying for the dat and scored 21 average and a 22 on ochem. 3 interviews so far and I submitted the new dat score in september!

Hey man, I was in pretty much the same boat as you. 3.05 gpa and first two dats were 19, 19 average. However, I sat down studying for the dat and scored 21 average and a 22 on ochem. 3 interviews so far and I submitted the new dat score in september!

but that's the thing my
bio is 21
chem is 23
orgo 19
AA 20
math 15
reading 18

so nothing so far ..so i was thinking about doing a smp to strenghthen my application.

yah.. I'd say that 15 kind of hurt you a bit.

Also, I think a special science program offered by accredited universities may be a better choice.

These programs are designed for students who wish to get into health but lacked the GPA or sorts. Check out UPenn's special science programs. They offer plenty of science courses, and I hear many graduates of the program successfully get into temple and upenn dental.

Just something to think about.

yah.. I'd say that 15 kind of hurt you a bit.

Also, I think a special science program offered by accredited universities may be a better choice.

These programs are designed for students who wish to get into health but lacked the GPA or sorts. Check out UPenn's special science programs. They offer plenty of science courses, and I hear many graduates of the program successfully get into temple and upenn dental.

Just something to think about.

that's what i'm thinking to do. do SMP at barry but not sure whether it's a good program? can someone help me out here?

that's what i'm thinking to do. do SMP at barry but not sure whether it's a good program? can someone help me out here?
too costly to do post bac then dental , just improve your DATs and apply again.

AND, after spending a year down at Barry, leaving in Cleveland would suck. Trust me, Im from CLE area. BY saturday we'll have 2+ feet of snow on the ground.

AND, after spending a year down at Barry, leaving in Cleveland would suck. Trust me, Im from CLE area. BY saturday we'll have 2+ feet of snow on the ground.

that's not the point. I don't care about case. I said taht just to show u how mean the guy was
beside, DO you know if barry will help me raise my chance?

If you do the program and do good, it won't hurt. However, I had a friend who got a master's in biochem at Barry. She said many of the student's didnt take the classes seriously, and that it was kind of easy. I guess thats a bad a review (or a good one depending on your perspective). Soooo I say... Go somewhere else