My situation: Work and Pharm School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

inquirer89

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know there have been threads about this in the past but I wanted some advice on a specific situation. I have a part time job working at a local hospital as a PRN pharmacy tech, with only 2 weekends a month and a great hourly pay. It's a great side job that gives me enough spending cash. However, it is in my home town and my school will be 3 hours away. I don't mind the drive and crashing at home during those weekends, but will it be an inconvenience to go home every second weekend? I feel like I should reserve all my weekends towards any projects or school related stuff, especially since it is my first year and don't know how brutal the rigor will be. I could look for a job near Campbell, but it is in a quiet place and I have a feeling that the upper pharm students would have taken any available jobs. So I'll keep working this summer to save up, but should I turn in my 2 weeks notice once school begins?

Members don't see this ad.

I would recommend doing that. Every 2nd weekend isn't that bad. Looking back, experience pays off more than completing that so and so project for that grade.

or you could start talking to hospitals around the school and see if they are hiring since you have experience. Seems pretty logical to me. If not, stay where you are. Community sucks

There's someone in my class doing the same thing, and handled it with no problems. Try it out and see how it goes for you.