My Situation

Started by omgplox
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

omgplox

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I need some help with my somewhat sticky situation:

SO, I have been accepted to a CA dental school (School A) and waitlisted in another (School B) that I want to go to MORE than School A. School A starts earlier than School B, but School B requires a signed confirmation to remain on the waitlist. The form I have to sign for School B to remain on the waitlist also says that if I register, enroll or attend orientation at another CA dental school then my waitlist position will be forfeited. I also need financial aid to attend either of these schools, but School A is telling me I need to accept my aid award pretty soon.

So, my questions:

1) What will happen if I accept my aid award for School A, but later get into School B? Will I be granted a new aid award for that school specifically?

2) Are there any ways that School B would know if I enroll and start matriculation at School A (other than me telling them personally)?

I know it's a complicated situation, but just thought I would throw this out there for any advice from anyone. Thank you for your time.

EDIT** I should add that School B was my #1 choice of schools, and would definitely go there if accepted form the waitlist.
 
Last edited: