My Spring Schedule,too much?

Started by YoungSon
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

YoungSon

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey fellow SDNERS, I just wanted to see how my schedule looked for the upcoming semester.

The classes I would need to take are:
Ochem II w/ lab 5 cred
Physics w/lab 4 cred
Bio (ecology)w/lab 4 cred
Calc 2 4 cred
And a 400 level class to satisfy my honors scheduling. 3 cred.

What do you guys think? Planning on taking the mcat at the end of the summer before my Junior year so I would need to get all my pre reqs in.
 
Hey fellow SDNERS, I just wanted to see how my schedule looked for the upcoming semester.

The classes I would need to take are:
Ochem II w/ lab 5 cred
Physics w/lab 4 cred
Bio (ecology)w/lab 4 cred
Calc 2 4 cred
And a 400 level class to satisfy my honors scheduling. 3 cred.

What do you guys think? Planning on taking the mcat at the end of the summer before my Junior year so I would need to get all my pre reqs in.

In terms of credit number amount, it seems reasonable; however, with my own experience in the classes you list, you have a very heavy work load this coming semester, particularly because you list so many labs (in my school, labs take 5 hours a week, and you've list 3 different labs).
 
Hey fellow SDNERS, I just wanted to see how my schedule looked for the upcoming semester.

The classes I would need to take are:
Ochem II w/ lab 5 cred
Physics w/lab 4 cred
Bio (ecology)w/lab 4 cred
Calc 2 4 cred
And a 400 level class to satisfy my honors scheduling. 3 cred.

What do you guys think? Planning on taking the mcat at the end of the summer before my Junior year so I would need to get all my pre reqs in.

lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This may be you :bang:
or not.... hell I say go for it. Go big or go home woooo....(just don't screw up your GPA in the process)
 
It would be a "harder" semester for sure, but with the right work ethic, you can do it...maybe. 😉
 
I think that Calc II and Physics wouldnt be too bad idea to take together as they do go hand-in-hand. However, I think that adding both O Chem II and Biology in addition to the labs you'll have along with Physics will get to be a lot. I'm currently taking O Chem II right now and it requires a lot of studying. I'd be careful with not taking too much at once so you'll have more time for the classes that require extra studying. Do whatever you feel you'll be able to handle.
 
well, it's a must to take ochem, physics, and bio for mcat since I will be taking it the summer after these classes, I was thinking about taking calc 2 in the summer however with research and mcat studying, I wouldn't have enough time. maybe I should drop out of the honors program...
 
I had a similar question a few weeks ago. What do you think of this schedule:

Spring 2012
CHM 1 and Lab
BIO 1 and Lab
Calculus

Summer 2012
CHM 2 and Lab
BIO 2 and Lab

Fall 2012
Organic 1 and Lab
Psychobiology
Spanish

I'm trying to stay somewhat light because I'm going to apply to a BS/MD program soon.
 
In terms of credit number amount, it seems reasonable; however, with my own experience in the classes you list, you have a very heavy work load this coming semester, particularly because you list so many labs (in my school, labs take 5 hours a week, and you've list 3 different labs).

That is an absurd statement. 20 hours is too much really no matter what the class is. You physically are in class way too much.

OP, cut out an unnecessary course. The semester is going to be tough and full or hard classes, but don't let an extra class be the straw that breaks the camel's back.
 
It is absolutely not a must to take "bio (ecology)" for the MCAT.

EDIT: I mean, you could still do really well without having taken it... it's the easiest of all of the above to teach yourself.
 
That is an absurd statement. 20 hours is too much really no matter what the class is. You physically are in class way too much.

OP, cut out an unnecessary course. The semester is going to be tough and full or hard classes, but don't let an extra class be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

I've taken quite a few 21 credit semesters with little or not problem on my part. And that's WITH laboratory research behind the scenes. So you can't analyse the workload based off of credit numbers alone
 
sounds heavy, for some reason labs are worth the least but take the most time. i would leave a class or a lab back for a different semester.
 
That was my basic schedule my Sophomore Spring semester, and it turned out badly, my worst semester GPA-wise.
It probably didn't help that I was workin ~30hours/week too, but either way that is a difficult course load. Consider swapping in some easy prereq.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad