My Step 3 experience!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Valek_PM

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is a recap of my whole Step 3 experience... I will update this post after receiving my score.

Background:
Step 1: >255
Step 2CK: >255
Step 2CS: PASS

USMD (Combined MD/PhD)
US Residency at a top 10 program

Time for prep: 5 days
Materials used: UW step 3, FA step 1 (Biostats)
UW step 3 %: 73% timed-tutor mode.
UWSA: 231 (day before the test)

My exam dates were on the second week of August.

1st day: Every block had somewhere between 10-15 biostatistics/ethics questions. Most biostats were pharma drugs, abstracts, types of studies/bias, and NNT/NNH. Question stems are ridiculously long! I was always trying to stay on time. Perhaps, 50% of the questions were convoluted. The other 50% were very similar to the UW questions. Almost ran out of time on a couple of blocks.

I completed the UW CCS practice cases over my 2 day break between day 1 & day 2.

2nd day: Same of the questions were easier. Lots of questions were regarding prognosis, management, and risk factors. Most of the CCS cases were similar to the ones on UW. There were a couple of cases that were kind of messed up. As others have commented, the real CCS cases are kind of slow and they buffer for a while when you enter the orders and confirm them. Anyways, I will be waiting for my scores anxiously and will update my post. Good luck to everyone else who is going through this process!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
This is a recap of my whole Step 3 experience... I will update this post after receiving my score.

Background:
Step 1: >255
Step 2CK: >255
Step 2CS: PASS

USMD (Combined MD/PhD)
US Residency at a top 10 program

Time for prep: 5 days
Materials used: UW step 3, FA step 1 (Biostats)
UW step 3 %: 73% timed-tutor mode.
UWSA: 231 (day before the test)

My exam dates were on the second week of August.

1st day: Every block had somewhere between 10-15 biostatistics/ethics questions. Most biostats were pharma drugs, abstracts, types of studies/bias, and NNT/NNH. Question stems are ridiculously long! I was always trying to stay on time. Perhaps, 50% of the questions were convoluted. The other 50% were very similar to the UW questions. Almost ran out of time on a couple of blocks.

I completed the UW CCS practice cases over my 2 day break between day 1 & day 2.

2nd day: Same of the questions were easier. Lots of questions were regarding prognosis, management, and risk factors. Most of the CCS cases were similar to the ones on UW. There were a couple of cases that were kind of messed up. As others have commented, the real CCS cases are kind of slow and they buffer for a while when you enter the orders and confirm them. Anyways, I will be waiting for my scores anxiously and will update my post. Good luck to everyone else who is going through this process!
Thank you for sharing.

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

Update

The trick works!!
Just got my Score. 250! Good bye USMLE!! Good luck to everyone expecting results!

Reactions: 1 user