My Story..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rockmed

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a bachelors in engg from a foreign country. I did 5 computer courses in US almost 4 years back and got a 2.5 GPA. Now I want to go to med school, so I started my pre req's. I'm taking English & Math at a CC and plan to go to a 4 year Univ for science pre req's in Fall 2008. Here are my questions:

1. Even if I made an A on all pre req's and did good on MCAT, what are my chances to get into med school? Should I consider doing anything else to increase my chances?

2. I have seen SMP's on this thread... what is that about? Sorry if I'm sounding stupid but I'm a little new. Can I do the SMP with out doing the pre req's?

3. Do they have SMP's at 4 year univ or is that a seperate school? I live in Houston, TX so any recommendations for SMP school?

4. What is EVPS?

5. Can some one give me the link to 'I have a low GPA' thread on this post bacc forum.

Members don't see this ad.

1. Long as you get all A's in the pre-reqs and upper div bio courses you will be more than fine.

2. SMP is a special masters program for people who have already completed all their pre-reqs and have low GPAs but still want to prove to adcoms that they can accel in med school courses.
3. SMPs are all over the place but you need to finish your pre-reqs first. You can probably apply to some high linkage post-bac program where you take all the pre-reqs and have good shot at a linked med school though i am not too certain of how this works.
4. ?
5. dont have the link just try searching i guess.