My Take on the PCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Wow Strong Armz

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I didnt think it was that bad at all. Even though i prob did horrible. I think i regret not doing more CliffsPCAT 5 Exams. The exam was almost identical in everyway to this. Even some of the questions in bio were lifted word for word😱 . Hardest part had to be Chem, i didnt even read the question. It was like i skimmed and circled something not that i didnt know it but i didnt have time. 30% was prob orgo. Reading was teh ghey with all those author's tone and opinions and what to add. Bio was aight.


So if i were to take the exam exam which i prob will. Study from the Kaplan and do all the practice problems in the Cliffs 5 Pcat exam and understand them. I wouldnt buy PCAT Professor, Barron's or Peterson.

Material:
Kaplan
5 PCat exam by cliffs
Cliffs Quick review Calculus.


I'll let you guys know my score in 4 weeks 🙂
 
Quantative and chem seemed the hardest for me. The chem seemed to have a lot more organic chem than I expected it to have in it. But, I think bio, read comp, writing and verbal were pretty good. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've taken it twice, and the scores have not come before six weeks. I don't live in the boonies either. No one I know has gotten their scores before 5 1/2 weeks.

And I know what the proctor said.
cool cool, i guess she then made stuff up. Damn that is almost 2 month. I guess i just gota keep studying and refreshing my memorry incase i have to take it again
 
Well i wrote the PCAT today.... my impression is that it is VERY similar to kaplan final exam. the questions were a bit harder than kaplans actually. I found math to be the hardest
 
What really ticks me off about the PCAT is how much time they give you for the math...even as fast as I was working, I still didn't get every question done! I had like 15 problems left and had to guess on all of them 🙁 Oh well.
 
why not take a kaplan class? When i first got there, i couldn't even complete 3/4 of the math section, by the time of the exam, i finished with time to spare and got a 93 percentile on it
 
I thought the PCAT was going to be a lot more like a foreign language to me because I have not taken like half the classes needed as Pharmacy Pre-Requisites. The math section was by far the most challenging because of the time constraints. I had like 22 questions left with 5 minutes to go 😱 and I wasn’t really taking my time on the previous questions I was just making sure that I got them correct.

This waiting crap is by far worse than studying for the damn test!! AHHHHHH I hate this!!

Oh if anyone wanted to know I used the Kaplan book to study from…👍
 
What really ticks me off about the PCAT is how much time they give you for the math...even as fast as I was working, I still didn't get every question done! I had like 15 problems left and had to guess on all of them 🙁 Oh well.

That happened to me to on the October exam where I had bubble in around 6 questions randomly. I got a 96 so I suppose that most people don't ever finish that portion the way they want to given that I could earn a high score while guessing on 10% of the questions.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad