My tour of Touro

Started by NYCDPT89
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

NYCDPT89

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I got my acceptance letter to Touro nyc campus and I decided to go see my future school. I got accepted a week or so ago so I was excited to see the campus, facilities, and speak to the students. So I get there and im looking around, campus is ok something im not too concerned with. Then I go look at the facilities, everything is a bit outdated, something I didn’t like because I wanted to be taught on the newest equipment.. Then I met some staff member I told them I was an incoming student and I wanted to check out the school. They were quite rude basically telling me I should be happy that I got in the school and when I start that is when I should check out the school. Now I was starting to think that maybe I shouldn’t go to touro and go to NOva my second choice. On my way out I run into a group of 4 students 3 were 2nd years 1 was a 3rd yr. WOW never met such a group of presumptuous people. I asked them how the school was, teaching staff etc they didn’t want to answer my questions and were just being pricks, so I left thinking I don’t want to go to this school A friend of mine convinced me to visit again saying I had bad luck, so after class I went over to touro again. I met these 2 girls that were 3rd year and we started taking and they basically confirmed what I thought before, they told me you form small study clicks and that is basically you friends for 3 years. Teaching staff promotes individual learning basically they don’t want to be bothered. I read good reviews and bad about touro I guess the bad was true. The 2 girls told me that they would rather have gone to another school. So goodbye touro hello Nova (yes im going to move to fl) So good luck to those who are going to touro…
 
Dang, well, maybe the bay shore campus isn't as bad. Anyway, you'll like South Florida. Ft. Lauderdale is expensive, but not as expensive as NYC.
 
truth be told i only applied to Manhattan campus because i heard that it was allot better than bay shore. When i applied to touro i was told by many people to not waste time with bay shore. Yea as i was leaving touro i though how much it sucks for people going to bay shore. I'm looking forward to the warm weather and a change of environment, a small part of me wants to stay in nyc but i really can't see myself going to touro. After reading crappy reviews and seeing the school for myself i made up my mind to go to nova. jbizzle do you know which school you will be attending
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Aw Crap.

Well I let the deadline for a deposit to Southwest Baptist pass. And UM-Flint cost too much for their passing rates. So it looks like Touro so far. But I still have the waitlist to hope for and actually waiting to hear back from a few more schools.
 
So I got my acceptance letter to Touro nyc campus and I decided to go see my future school. I got accepted a week or so ago so I was excited to see the campus, facilities, and speak to the students. So I get there and im looking around, campus is ok something im not too concerned with. Then I go look at the facilities, everything is a bit outdated, something I didn’t like because I wanted to be taught on the newest equipment.. Then I met some staff member I told them I was an incoming student and I wanted to check out the school. They were quite rude basically telling me I should be happy that I got in the school and when I start that is when I should check out the school. Now I was starting to think that maybe I shouldn’t go to touro and go to NOva my second choice. On my way out I run into a group of 4 students 3 were 2nd years 1 was a 3rd yr. WOW never met such a group of presumptuous people. I asked them how the school was, teaching staff etc they didn’t want to answer my questions and were just being pricks, so I left thinking I don’t want to go to this school A friend of mine convinced me to visit again saying I had bad luck, so after class I went over to touro again. I met these 2 girls that were 3rd year and we started taking and they basically confirmed what I thought before, they told me you form small study clicks and that is basically you friends for 3 years. Teaching staff promotes individual learning basically they don’t want to be bothered. I read good reviews and bad about touro I guess the bad was true. The 2 girls told me that they would rather have gone to another school. So goodbye touro hello Nova (yes im going to move to fl) So good luck to those who are going to touro…


I am a 1st year at the Bay Shore campus and it is unfortunate that you got a bad impression. I personally do not agree with what you are posting about Touro and pretty sure majority of my classmates would agree 🙂
 
Cam, I know someone at Howard now and he very much likes the program. I just have to wait and hear from them.