MY TPR Verbals are getting worse - help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
H

hugomontoya

6 weeks left, my first tpr verbal was 5 and recently 4921 was 3. I do not like the TPR verbal learning recommendations. I am feeling pretty stumped at this point. I do all the passages, try the recommended learning cues and I end up with a 3.
Please anyone with some suggestions.
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

don't worry, i took the april mcat and i will be retaking it in august. i am taking TPR this summer, and my verbal scores have been pretty abysmal, around a 7, although i scored a 10 on the real thing in april....i don't know how realistic those tests are....

It's true, TPR is pretty hard. I know people who are taking it right now, and they are telling me the same thing. Have you tried the AAMC tests? I did much better on those.

Members don't see this ad :)
TPR passages are confusin, i got an 8 on real thing last yr, but i'm at a 6 on it. Though with examkrackers i'm at an 8-9, which is quite similar to real mcat in terms of passages.
I'm takin TPR for free with my summer prog, and most of my classmates arent doin so well on verbal using TPR verbal techniques which i think are wack anyway.

Check out Examkrackers verbal techniques, they are working for me, and have moved me from an 8 to a 9 in practice, and check out the VR 101 book.

I think that verbal is just a hard section, period. When i started TPR my verbal scores stunk.... and it stayed there until about 3 diags later when i finally figured out what worked best for me and then stuck to it. but the last diag really reflected the score i made on the actual MCAT

Just relax and keep studying hard ... your later diags will probably give you a better idea of what you are capable of on the actual test

HANG IN THERE.

my scores ranged from 7-10 on TPR but on the real thing i got a 12! so there is hope for you...just stay persistent, confident, read lots, and find a technique that works for you. before the real thing...i was scoring consistently 9s and 10s...so just try to get to a point that you are consistent and then on the real test day, with the adrenaline and everything, i think you'll do great =)

If it's any help to you , I took TPR last august and took the real MCAT and I'm taking TPR again... I can give you my scores:

Diag 1 V: 6
Diag 2 V: 3
Diag 3 V: 8
AAMC 5 V : 6
AAMC 6 V: 6
MCAT AUG 2002: V: 6
Diag 4902 V: 7
Diag 4941 V: 7

I don't know if that helps... but anyway... that's the way my cookie has crumbled

I completely feel you on the verbal. I took 4931 yesterday and I got a 4 on the verbal (from a 5 on 4911 and 4921), I do not know what to do about it but............
have you noticed that those diagnostics are designed to cover the material we have not study in classes yet?

yeah...
I took it a week late and killed it because a lot of the material was covered in that one week.

(relatively killed it, mind you)

Okay.. I just finished a diag.. I got my @$$ whooped by the verbal.. grrrr. this is soooo frusterating!!!!!!!!

What technique are you using?

Try reading and understanding the passage. Read to understand - don't attempt to memorize the details.

If my memory serves me right, I had 6-8 range scores on TPR verbal but got 10-11 on the AAMC's. Try an AAMC test

Originally posted by cad_15
I completely feel you on the verbal. I took 4931 yesterday and I got a 4 on the verbal (from a 5 on 4911 and 4921), I do not know what to do about it but............
have you noticed that those diagnostics are designed to cover the material we have not study in classes yet?

hey we just took 4931 today. I dont have access to my TPR website password, wont get it till monday, does anyone know where i can get the answers ahead of time. We probably get our scores back tuesday.