My transcript only shows credits earned...?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmguy01

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
There is a class where I attempted 3 credits, but failed it and received 0 credits awhile ago. I have since retook it and for the second attempt it shows the full 3 credits earned. However, on pharmcas how do I input the first attempt? Should I still put down 3 credit (as in attempted) and then the F grade or keep it like it shows on my transcript (0.00 credits earned). This would have been less confusing if my transcript just showed attempted credits instead of earned credits only... anybody know?

Members don't see this ad.

For the first attempt list the number of credits (3) and then put an F for the grade. If you put down 0 credits and an F, it wouldn't impact your GPA at all. Your school must have done it the way they did because they do grade replacements. PharmCAS does not do grade replacements, therefore list 3 credits and the F. Hope that helped/made sense.

For the first attempt list the number of credits (3) and then put an F for the grade. If you put down 0 credits and an F, it wouldn't impact your GPA at all. Your school must have done it the way they did because they do grade replacements. PharmCAS does not do grade replacements, therefore list 3 credits and the F. Hope that helped/made sense.

Thank you for your reply. The thing is I'm scared to because then I wouldn't be following my transcript EXACTLY at all. And Pharmcas keeps preaching how it must look EXACTLY like the transcript you see in front of you. What I see is 0.00 and F and then 3-A for second attempt. Also, I have indicated that I have retaken this course too, so will they just automatically know then? It's so confusing.... :(