Myrichuncle.com?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dca_55

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know about this website: myrichuncle.com? There was a full double page ad in the New York Times recently about this. I originally thought there wasn't any major differences between where you take out Stafford loans from but this one seems to say they can undercut the federal interest rate. I'm trying to look into all this ASAP since I'm starting my first year of med school and need to turn in my financial award acceptance forms ASAP. Has anyone had/heard anything good/bad about this lender?

Members don't see this ad.

dca_55 said:
Does anyone know about this website: myrichuncle.com? There was a full double page ad in the New York Times recently about this. I originally thought there wasn't any major differences between where you take out Stafford loans from but this one seems to say they can undercut the federal interest rate. I'm trying to look into all this ASAP since I'm starting my first year of med school and need to turn in my financial award acceptance forms ASAP. Has anyone had/heard anything good/bad about this lender?

Fed Stafford Grad: 1% reduce upon repayment .25 xtra off for ACH and 2% original principal given backa fter 48 on time payments.

they charge you origination fee....ew

they do good deals for PLUS loans

Its an alright deal. You have to search google and keep a og of what benefits they have and compare. Alot of people say student loans xpress or do a search of the sdn.

glcuk

This is a recent article that was published and provided in today’s NASFAA electronic news to financial aid and constituent members that also provides for interesting reading: http://insidehighered.com/news/2006/07/21/mru

Just thought you should have the whole story!