Mystery Pill!

Started by docss26
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

docss26

Full Member
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Patient came in yesterday and said this was a medication he was receiving from us. We have no record of this drug on his file. There is no writing on the tablet so I am thinking it might be a vitamin. Let me know what you think because we really want to identify this sucker. Personally, I think its candy. 😀

EDIT: There was no HIPPA violation in my picture, but I edited to remove my pharmacy name to avoid potential prank phone calls.
 

Attachments

  • untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    9.5 KB · Views: 414
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dude, I can see the RX number, doctor, and pharmacy name and location on that pic. A simple call there will tell me everything I need to know about that patient.

Good example of a HIPAA violation.
 
That looks delicious! Reminds me of the old Wonka candies called Tart n Tinys.

candywarehouse_2135_798736444


EDIT: If anyone knows where to find Tart n Tinys please let me know.
 
RUG5890Z_48680_5.JPG


Pretty convincing FeSO4 325 tab but I dunno.

Without seeing a 3rd dimension clearly in the above picture (height) it's inconclusive. Certainly, general shape and color are right, but the original seems to have a "tube" appearances with sharp edges along the circumference, whereas the FeSO4 325 pictured above (and every one I've been able to find) is most definitely circular with rounded margins. Why am I reminded of Bacteriology / Micro here. LOL...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ferrous Fumarate looks just like this. Cut the tablet in half to see if colour just coating. If pt says what wa taking for would help.
johnep