n/a

Started by suddy0613
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Are you doing the post bacc in order to better a pre-med undergrad GPA or are you a career changer? If you’re a career changer I don’t see much reason to delay. If it’s to boost a GPA and you already have significant pre-med work I see why you may want to wait.
 
I don't think you need a formal post bacc. I'm a non trad (nurse) that had none of the prerequisites other than gen chem I. I enrolled myself into my local school and took classes part time while I worked over a period of 2.5years or so (I guess this would be considered an informal post bacc). I didn't need GPA repair though, so if you do I would sit down and talk to the premed advisor at a local college. The formal post-baccs are very expensive if I remember correctly because I initially had looked into doing one. If you start taking classes now at a full time rate and go through the summers, you could maybe apply for the 2021 cycle, if that's too quick than shoot for 2022.