nail bed tolerance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
non RT answer is I refer these pts for Mohs for this reason. That being said I have not yet endeavoured to find this answer and am curious to responses
 
Really? That is cool. I’ve never heard of such a thing.
RT has an about 100% cure rate for warts. I have treated several. Warts can really be pretty serious and bothersome in very rare instances. I suppose the biology is not far off from an HPV induced pre neoplasm, and HPV seems to make a cell more radiosensitive, so RT being the bane of a wart’s existence makes sense to me. RT in derms’ offices for warts was definitely a thing in the 1970s era and prior.
 
RT has an about 100% cure rate for warts. I have treated several. Warts can really be pretty serious and bothersome in very rare instances. I suppose the biology is not far off from an HPV induced pre neoplasm, and HPV seems to make a cell more radiosensitive, so RT being the bane of a wart’s existence makes sense to me. RT in derms’ offices for warts was definitely a thing in the 1970s era and prior.
i once radiated massive condylomas wrapping around perineum in setting of HIV with dramatic response.
 
data on this would be helpful.
I got a referral from a mohs surgeon for a distal finger SCC of the skin extending near the nail bed.
I couldn't reliably tell the patient what would happen to the nail bed with 60Gy or higher
He used his hands/digits alot for their profession.
ended up getting Mohs